San Diego State University Summer Camp
Description of San Diego State University Summer Camp
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Age: 12-17 years old
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration of programs: from 1 to 6 weeks
- Dates of the camp: from June 30 to August 11.
San Diego State University (summer camp University of San Diego) is based on the renowned university and offers high-quality, exciting programs for children and teenagers. Schedule successfully combines English language classes, sports and creative activities, excursions and activities. The curriculum is thought out to the smallest detail: from the very first day children are completely immersed in the English-speaking environment, communicate in English in classes and in everyday life. Teachers and specialists are doing everything possible to make every child feel at home.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in San Diego State University Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
Summer camp participants are offered two types of accommodation:
- Student residences on university campus. Children live in cozy double rooms with a full set of necessary furniture and equipment; The buildings have laundry facilities, shared kitchens and other amenities. Specialists around the clock are in each of the hostels.
- Host families. Children are accommodated in the home of the American family and can enjoy all its facilities. This type is very well suited to those who appreciate home comfort and want to learn more about the lifestyle in the United States.
All students receive a complete and balanced diet several times a day, it is possible to choose different types of diets.
Activities San Diego State University Summer Camp
The program of the summer camp includes not only English lessons, but active sports and creative activities, an extensive excursion and entertainment program. Lessons are held mostly from morning to afternoon: afternoon tours are taken by excursions and activities, and in the evening children usually spend time with the host family. Sports:
- Strength Training
- Express course on surfing (paid separately).
Excursions and activities:
- San Diego walking tour with a visit to the seaport
- Photo tour of San Diego
- Welcome party
- Little Italy and the coast
- The museum
- International night on Coronado Island
- City Zoo Tour
- Ocean beach
- Full day excursion to La Jolla Cove
- Bowling evening
- Disco night
- Pacific beach
- Talent show
- Fashion valley mall
- Full day excursion to Belmont Park
- Los Angeles Tour: Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Observatory
- Los Angeles Tour: Santa Monica, Venice Beach
- Los Angeles Day Tour: Sightseeing Tour
- Time with a host family.
- The camp is held on the basis of a prestigious university.
- High quality camp organization
- Active cultural and entertainment program
- Full language immersion
- Highly qualified teachers and specialists
- Comfortable and safe accommodation
- 24-hour support service
- Equipment to the best international standards.
Facilities and equipment at San Diego State University Summer Camp
The University of San Diego is the oldest and largest university in the San Diego region - its campus is distinguished by high-quality equipment, which has everything you need for a comfortable study and life. The campus is located in the northern part of the city, just 15 kilometers from the center. Travel time to San Diego Airport takes 20 minutes, and to Los Angeles 2.5-3 hours. Opportunities:
- Spacious and bright classroom
- Rooms for rest and independent work
- Computer labs
- Athletic facilities
- Hall for general meetings
- Creative studios
Admission dates and extra charges
Classes start: on request (during the camp). Dates: from June 30 to August 11.
- Registration fee
- Deposit confirming a place on the course
- Exam Board
- Tuition deposit
- Return flight tickets
- Round trip
- Mandatory Medical Insurance
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 200 USD
- Medical insurance 2.5 USD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
1. Age: 12-17 years old
2. Level of English: any, from the initial.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about San Diego State University Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.