Rutherford Private School
Description of Rutherford Private School
- Location: Vaughan and North York, Canada
- Year of foundation: 2007,
- Number of students: more than 2000,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
Rutherford School (RPS) is a private school offering a variety of programs with the ability to take them full-time on campus or online from anywhere in the world.
The educational institution was opened in 2007 thanks to Igor Sarzhinsky, the founder and current director of the school. The main goal and distinctive feature of RPS is multiculturalism: representatives of many nationalities, including Russians, Ukrainians, Chinese and Iranians, study at the institution. Despite the many differences between students, the programs are suitable for absolutely everyone – they are built on an international basis and include the study of English, mathematics, programming, engineering, natural sciences and technology.
RPS provides its students with the opportunity to undergo educaion remotely, using the Zoom program for lectures and practical exercises. Teachers contact a group of students and conduct a live lecture, where, just like in the classroom, you can ask questions, lead a discussion and work in a team.
Any student can enlist the support of a teacher, if he needs it - the school has a system of academic coaching, thanks to which many students achieve high performance in various subject areas.
Things to know about
Canada Zoom School (CZS) is a successful innovation in education created during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The main purpose of CZS is international students wishing to study in Canadian schools. Thanks to distance learning, children from all over the world can receive high-quality knowledge and a Canadian diploma, which will allow them to enter prestigious colleges and universities in Canada, the USA, the UK and Europe.
CZS covers a wide range of students:
- Grades 7-8: ESL Course "English as a Second Language",
- Grades 9-11: some core high school courses, including math, English, computer programming, and technology,
- Grade 12: University preparation.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Rutherford Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Pupils are given the opportunity to live in a foster family: this gives students the opportunity to communicate with native speakers, study the culture of the country and feel comfortable outside the school walls.
A homestay plan with three meals a day will cost $13,535 per academic year.
On campus there is a canteen, which students can visit during the school day.
Activities Rutherford Private School
The knowledge gained in the classroom is supported by a wide variety of extracurricular activities. For example, while studying natural sciences, students visit science centers and laboratories in Toronto and beyond. Students regularly study the exhibitions of the Aga Khan Museum, the Royal Museum and the Centre of Toronto, participate in the life of the main of the local universities.
Leisure at school is held in specialized studios of creativity, where students can play musical instruments, engage in drawing and theatrical art. Seasonal types of entertainment are also available to students: ice skating, hiking, rock climbing and much more. Thanks to eco tours, which are held on a regular basis, students got acquainted with the sights of Ottawa and horseshoe Tavern.
Sports in RPS have an important place in the curriculum of every class. Education - both individual and group - are held weekly, preparing the most active pupils of the institution for participation in competitions: students of the school annually present RPS at running marathons, team games, table tennis tournaments.
- Accreditation of the Ministry of Education of Ontario,
- Opportunity to study full-time and online,
- Many educational projects: STEM Expo, Summer Recovery Program, STEM Workshops, Canadian Zoom School and others,
- Multinationality among students and teachers,
- 100% university or college enrollment after graduation
- Small classes – up to 10 students.
Facilities and equipment at Rutherford Private School
Rutherford School campuses are located in two Canadian cities: Vaughan and North York. Modern academic buildings have many interactive classrooms: high-tech computer laboratories, an advanced STEM laboratory, a streamline live studio, a dining room with a dining room and much more, including lecture classes. Wi-Fi is available throughout the school grounds.
The Vaughan campus is located nine minutes from Rutherford Go long-distance station, 11 minutes by bus from the Public Library and 14 minutes from the Magic Land amusement park: students have easy access to cinemas, sports arenas and clubs, shops and restaurants.
The North York Campus opened its doors for the first time in September 2022: It houses full-time students in grades 8-12, with lectures available to all students in an online format using the Zoom program.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year runs from September to mid-June. High school students are educated in trimesters:
- 12 September-11 November,
- 14 November-3 February,
- 6 February-21 April,
- April 24-June 16.
Vacations are held monthly from October to May, lasting from one day to a week.
The daily schedule contains classes from 9:00 to 15:30, between lessons there are breaks of 30 minutes.
Annual additional costs depend on the format of education:
- Application fee – from 188 to 376$,
- Service fee – from 264 to 376$,
- Books, electronic resources — from 264 to 376$,
- The plan of care for students is $ 2500.
Step-by-step process of admission to school:
- Read the information brochure and request a registration form,
- Contact the admissions office to arrange a date for a visit to campus for a guided tour or a Skype call for remote dating,
- Apply: fill in the registration form and attach the required documents,
- Pay for the application,
- Pass an individual interview – on campus or virtually,
- Wait for a decision on admission.
Admissions officers speak many languages: English, Russian, Persian, Hebrew, French and Vietnamese.
The number of RPS graduates currently exceeds 500 people. These students continued their education at the best universities in the world, including the University of Waterloo, Ryerson University, McMaster University.
Thanks to quality education, students are 100% likely to enter universities and colleges of their choice.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Incoming foreign applicants must provide:
- Completed registration form,
- Personal documents: passport, health insurance, visa or residence permit,
- A copy of the last school report,
- The results of psychological and medical tests, Scores of Olympiads and other reports that will help employees learn about the successes and characteristics of the child.
Education in RPS takes place entirely in English, so students need to have a sufficiently high conversational level - from B2.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Rutherford Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.