Rookwood Private School
Description of Rookwood Private School
- Founded: 1934
- Location: Andover, Hampshire, UK
- Age of students: 2-16 years
- Number of students: 330
- Type of residence: residence
- Training Type: Co-Learning
- Language learning: English.
Rookwood School is a prestigious private school with many years of experience for students from 2-16 years old. The school strives to organize a balanced educational process with the necessary number of hours of academic preparation and ample opportunities in terms of manifestation in creative fields and sports.
The school was founded in 1934 as an educational institution for girls, but since 2003 the Rookwood School has become a joint school. A wide list of extracurricular activities and lectures of invited specialists are designed to broaden the mind of students.
The school is based on Christian values, respectfully treats representatives of any denominations and countries. Particular emphasis is placed on education: respect for adults, tolerant attitude towards others, maintaining self-esteem and the expectation of an appropriate attitude towards oneself are the main guidelines of the school in terms of personal development.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Rookwood Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school owns two guesthouses located within walking distance of the school. One board is designed for 14 boys, the second - for 24 girls. These are small cozy residences in which students feel comfortable and never experience loneliness. Foreign students can live in a boarding house from 8 to 16 years old - in a safe environment, under the strict guidance of teachers and school staff, students quickly begin to feel this place as their second home.
Activities Rookwood Private School
Sport is the most important part of schooling at Rookwood School: thanks to a wide list of sporting events, students will be able to master team and individual sports, through persistent training and concentration to develop personal qualities: confidence, ability to work in a team, strengthen willpower.
At school they believe that competitions and tournaments have a favorable effect on the personality. Sports should be competitive in nature, so a large number of tournaments against other schools, sports festivals + are organized at school time, at the school there is a community in athletics. Popular sports clubs at Rookwood School:
Art and creativity - a key moment in school development. The school offers ample opportunities for creative implementation: the creative sections operate under the guidance of highly qualified teachers and are designed not only to provide the necessary cultural education, but also to develop skills that are important for the life of any student.
- School of Music
- Theater Club
- Discussion club
- Computer Club
- The photo.
- Training in small classes
- Emphasis on individual learning and personal development
- Qualified teaching staff
- All-round development
- A large number of extracurricular activities
- Friendly comfortable environment for foreign students.
Facilities and equipment at Rookwood Private School
- 2 school boarding houses
- Computer classes
- Playgrounds and courts
- TV lounge
- Sports complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
Cost of education
Cost of living
Preparation for school (4-7 years)
£ 3120 per semester
Without the possibility of living in a hostel
Primary school (7-11 years old)
£ 3,795 per semester
£ 7,750 per semester
High School (11-16 years)
£ 4595 per semester
£ 8550 per semester
£ 5,200 per semester
£ 9155 per semester
- Registration fee
- Breakfast and lunch
- Individual academic support.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- School report card for the last 2-4 years
- Completed school registration form
- Letters of recommendation from teachers of foreign languages, mathematics, class teacher
- You may need to test for knowledge of mathematics, language and other subjects.
- Interview with a school representative (in person or via Skype)
- Student's personal achievements - certificates, awards in educational, sports, and creative areas
- Medical certificate of the general health of the student, vaccination
- Pupil's birth certificate.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Rookwood Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.