Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
Description of Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
- Established: 1963
- Location: Lakewood, Colorado, USA
- Students age: from 18 years.
- Number of students: 1095 people
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: Non-profit Graduate School of Art and Design.
Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design was founded in 1963 by Philip J. Steele, who wanted to provide students with a quality higher education in art and design. RMCAD has grown significantly from its comparatively humble beginnings and now thrives on a lush historic campus with 16 buildings on over 23 acres of land.
In 2013, RMCAD celebrated its 50th anniversary as a diverse community of people inspired by creative possibilities. The school offers a rich, varied selection of regional accredited undergraduate-level degrees - a pioneer in online art, design education. The award-winning online environment connects students from all over the world, providing a multi-platform learning experience, the best of online courses.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
Accommodation, meals, prices
New students live in Regency, about 10 minutes from the campus, which hosts RMCAD, Metro, CCD, CU-Denver students. Other students choose to live in nearby apartments or friends in the Greater Denver area.
Activities Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design provides students and alumni with opportunities to interact through a variety of activities. Exhibitions, galleries, lectures attended by artists, workshops that shape the understanding of art, career development and more are all part of the RMCAD experience.
Many students work nearby: most spend their free time enjoying the cultural, recreational opportunities in Denver.
- As a student at Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design, you will study fashion design, animation, game art, graphic design, or any other well-known program and receive a quality, comprehensive education in an innovative atmosphere.
- Philip J. Still, a renowned illustrator and educator, developed an art curriculum based on the traditional academic method of drawing and painting dating back to the Renaissance.
- The RMCAD community is full of creativity. Here, the individual talents of each student are developed; integrate critical thinking, analysis into skills; allow you to make a socially responsible contribution to the local, global and professional communities.
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design is an innovative, global learning environment that shapes critical thinking, preparing students for development in their industries, communities and the world.
- RMCAD instructors are real artists, designers, humanities professionals. Here you will be provided with space to grow, help you turn your talent into a career.
- Balanced programs combine real-world connections and hands-on learning with high-tech resources, digital accessibility.
- Drawing and visual arts classes are complemented by modern courses in 3D animation, computer design, and game art.
- RMCAD has been one of the leading art and design institutions in the country for over 54 years. The mission of the university is to give each student the dedication, personal attention, solid education that is needed to succeed.
RMCAD is a place filled with creativity and enlightenment, where talents continue to be developed, the dreams of artists and designers come true.
Facilities and equipment at Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
- Resource Center
- Student Study Center
- Technological support
- Spivak studio
- Student self-expression wall
- Spectrum: on-campus store
Students must bring a laptop that meets the minimum requirements (each program has its own requirements).
Admission dates and extra charges
- Non-refundable registration fee - $ 50
- Technique for training - $ 990 / semester
- Medical insurance - from $ 30 / month
All students must purchase the necessary textbooks, art supplies and materials to complete the course. The Spectrum store on campus sells most of the classroom supplies.
Faculty teachers provide students with the necessary materials for each course by email one week before the start of the class. Basic information is included in course descriptions, materials vary by instructor.
Students are expected to purchase books and supplies by the start of the semester.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
List of documents:
- Application completed online.
- Certificate and transcripts. Independent evaluators determine whether your diploma is the equivalent of a US high school diploma, as well as any education (1-2 year university, undergraduate), for possible admission.
- All international applicants for BFA programs must submit a portfolio of visual work demonstrating core skills.
- Interview with a member of the admissions committee by email or phone.
- Official English test scores: TOEFL - minimum score of 213 (computerized test), 550 (written test), 75 (internet test), IELTS - 6, successful completion of the ESL course.
- International applicants applying for college admission must submit an official bank statement proving that they have sufficient funds to cover the cost of the RMCAD attendance and living expenses for one year.
- Immigration documents will be issued after RMCAD receives all required documents and the applicant is accepted.
Scholarships Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
Federal financial assistance programs offered in RMCAD include:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Grant for Additional Educational Opportunities FSEOG
- Federal Labor Survey
- Federal direct loans to Stafford
- Federal direct lines PLUS PLUS.
Not all students can apply for all types of financial aid - student eligibility is determined based on the Free Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.