Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
Description of Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
- Established: 1971
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Rating: 335
- Number of students: 21,988
- Language of instruction: Spanish, Catalan, English.
Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) is a state-owned research and higher education institution in the field of architecture, engineering, science and technology and one of the leading technical universities in Europe. UPC is in the TOP 10 of the best universities in the country, ranking 6th in the ranking.
UPC has created a complex network of international alliances with other universities, research institutes and companies that organize new projects and support a large number of initiatives in which the word “cooperation” is a key element and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and experience.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
- At the university, students are offered distance learning programs and international exchange
- UPC is in 5% of prestigious universities in the world
- In terms of the quality of education, the university is in the top 300 educational institutions of the planet
- 93% of UPC graduates work, and 76% find work in less than three months.
Facilities and equipment at Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
The main campus of the university is located in Barcelona and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at UPC begins on September 1 and is divided into academic districts.
- Language test = $ 50
- Registration fee = $ 1000
- Cost of living = $ 589 -1099 $ month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to undergraduate programs you must:
- full secondary education + 2 years at college / university
- statement of ratings
- University spanish test
- entry exams.
To enter the master's program you must:
- Bachelor / Master degree
- University Spanish Test / IELTS 6.0-7.5
- entry exams.
Depending on the chosen specialty, additional requirements may be presented.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.