Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
Description of Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
- Established: 1986
- Location: Pohang, South Korea
- Language of instruction: Korean
- Number of students: 3000
- Type: private.
Phonan University of Science and Technology was founded in 1986 at the initiative of POSCO - one of the leading steel companies in the world. Today, the institution takes seventy-first place in the Quacquarelli Symond (QS) World University Rankings 2019. In the QS Top 50 2017-2018, it took fifth place. Among the achievements, there is one more: Phonan University of Science and Technology is included in 210 educational institutions of the world for employment in accordance with QS Graduate Rankability 2018. The motto of the university is “Integrity, creativity, aspiration”.
The main goal of the educational institution is to organize a quality educational process for future engineers, to create a platform for working out professional skills and abilities.
Phonan University of Science and Technology carefully filters students out: according to statistics, out of more than 2000 applications, only about 300 are selected from applicants. A higher educational institution provides students not only with an ongoing educational process and modern material and technical base, but also scholarship funds that can be obtained for academic success.
Training is carried out at the faculties:
- Natural sciences
- Material science
- Mechanical engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Computer technology
- Chemical engineering
- Humanities and social sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
- Comprehensive student care
- Modern material and technical base
- Young, promising educational institution
- Financing by a large POSCO company
- A small number of students, small study groups
- Qualified teaching staff, some of which are successful current engineers
- Scholarship Opportunity
- Competitive training programs.
Facilities and equipment at Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
Phonan University of Science and Technology is a 400-acre complex located 20 minutes from the center of Phonan. From the capital - about 2.5 hours.
The educational building includes modern, comfortable, equipped classrooms. For students there are laboratories, a library, gyms.
In 2003, a modern library was built with a total area of almost 25,000 sq.m. Its fund consists of 360,000 paper carriers and about 10,000 electronic ones.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at the University of Phonan , an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with certified translation
- Copies of identity documents of the applicant and parents or legal representatives
- Motivation letter
- Confirmation of sufficient amount of finance to pay for training
- Certificate of registration of a foreigner in Korea
- Registration fee payment receipt
- Original certificate of delivery of TOPIC level 3 and above, TOEFL 530 (CBT197, iBT 71), IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2 or TEPS 600.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.