Spain is famous for its natural attractions. Thousands of people come here every year to swim in the clear sea, enjoy the sun, tickle the nerves on the mountain peaks, go skiing and snowboarding, breathe in the scent of plants - Spain is beautiful at any time of the year.
Ordesa Y Monte Perdido Park will become a favorite place for those who are mesmerized by virgin, untouched nature: the sound of waterfalls, the singing of mountain birds and a real echo, almost forgotten by city dwellers. This place is a great alternative to beaches, which are almost always crowded during the season.
Ordesa Y Monte Perdido park: general information
The park is located in the Aragonese Pyrenees, in the province of Huesca. Its area is 19 hectares, the height is different - from 700 to 3344 meters above sea level. The highest point in the area is the top of Monte Perdido.
Ordesa Y Monte Perdido is one of the oldest parks in the kingdom and the oldest in the Autonomous Community of Aragon. The grand opening took place in August 1918, prompted by a royal decree. The main beauties of the park are turbulent and fast mountain rivers, deep gorges and picturesque canyons, waterfalls and sheer cliffs.
The diversity of local fauna and flora deserves special attention: almost 1,500 plant species grow on the territory of Ordes - this is 45% of the total number of plants in the Pyrenees. Fish, animals, insects and birds that live here belong to the Mediterranean. Many species are rare and endangered.
Where to stay?
In order to fully enjoy this place and really be alone with nature, experienced travelers advise settling near the park:
- Hotel Villa Russell
- Apartamentos Gabarre
- Hostel Albergue Casa de Broto
- Edelweiss Hotel
- Hotel de Montaña El Mirador
- Hostel Gabarre
- Villa Silken Ordesa
- Casa Raspa Guest House
- Refugio de Bujaruelo Hostel
- Hotel La Posada.
- The site was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1997
- Ordesa Y Monte Perdido is visited by about 600,000 people annually
- Individuals that have disappeared elsewhere in Europe live in the park - the common vulture, brown bear and others
- In total, in Ordesa you can find 38 species of mammals, 5 species of amphibians and 5 species of fish, 8 species of reptiles and 38 species of birds.
The object belongs to parks.