OISE Nottingham Summer School is located in a city rich in history with centuries-old traditions. Today, Nottingham is one of the most popular tourist centers in England. It attracts foreign students with a special atmosphere, a dynamic rhythm of life, a variety of opportunities for organizing an interesting holiday. Character of Nottingham makes it almost an ideal place to learn English by teens and youth.
In OISE Nottingham Summer School students are offered an interesting language program with many interesting lessons. Extra-curricular activities organized by school's specialists make studying amazing and memorable. OISE Nottingham also offers a wide range of electives.
Short information. A language program with an academic load of 30 hours / week (40 lessons), aimed at developing all the skills of English.
About the course. General English course involves learning grammar, syntax, expanding vocabulary, developing skills in understanding written information, confident expression of thoughts and ideas in practical communication.
Students age: 14 - 17 years.
Start dates: from 05.07 to 29.08.2015. Duration 2,3,4 weeks.
Requirements for admission: English - at the primary level (minimal).
The result of training: confident communication in English in everyday situations, competent management of personal correspondence, exclusive understanding of audio and printed materials (listening to news, reading the press, etc.).
Class size: up to 8 people
Lesson duration: 45 minutes
[ 999.37] Cost: from 2010 GBP in 2 weeks, 2,945 pounds in 3 weeks, 3,880 pounds in 4 weeks (the package includes transfer, pre-testing, full board accommodation, training, final testing, extracurricular program and excursion support) .
The school offers a family accommodation. In the houses, students are provided with double rooms. Meals - full board (hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch).
OISE Nottingham School's students can't get bored. They are offered daily sports, entertainment, sightseeing activities. The latter include walks on the arboretum, trips to the Sherwood Forest, a visit to the "headquarters" of Robin Hood and much more. Also each week includes 1 visiting excursion (to York, London, other cities).
Lessons take place from 9:00 to 16:45.
Infrastructure includes audiences, a computer classroom, self-study rooms. Sports - numerous fields and playgrounds, gym, fitness center. Also in the school there is an assembly hall, a music and drama studio.
Established time of transfers (included in the cost of study): arrival - Sunday 9-00 - 19-00, departure - Saturday 12-00 - 20-00.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.