Ohla Tampa Language School
Description of Ohla Tampa Language School
- Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,
- Students age: from 16 years old,
- Language of instruction: English.
A language school in sunny Florida, where there is almost no cloudy weather, is a good and pleasant option! At Ohla Tampa Language School, you can perfectly improve your English in balanced, effective courses, besides, have a great rest, see the local (and not only!) sights and meet interesting people from different parts of the world.
Students from more than 70 countries and regions of the world come here to study:
- South America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East,
- African and Asian, Caribbean countries, North America.
The school welcomes students of all ages - about a percentage, the statistics are as follows:
- 16-20 years old - 14%,
- 21-25 years old - 20%,
- 26-30 years old - 20%,
- 31-35 years old - 13%,
- 36-40 years old - 12%,
- 41-45 years old - 9%,
- 46-50 years old - 5%,
- 51-60 years old - 6%,
- 60+ years — 1%.
There are small classes - up to 15 people (usually 10-12), compiled as a result of introductory testing for the level of knowledge: so each student learns with others of approximately equal level with him. It is both more comfortable and more productive.
Students have access to the academic advising service, can order a transfer, discuss visa issues with a specialist, communicate with a consultant on universities and higher education. All newcomers undergo a special orientation tour that will answer all their questions upon arrival. The comfort and safety of students is one of the top priorities at Ohla Tampa.
To each course, students can add electives as they wish, deepening the intensity of the program and equipping it with additional options. For example:
- Conversation Club,
- Getting rid of / correcting the accent,
- Business English,
- English for everyday life,
- English for everyday work.
Electives can run from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. or from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., usually on Fridays. Every Friday, students choose 2 electives that they will do next week (such classes do not require additional payment).
At the end of each course, each student takes a final exam, which confirms his progress and a new level of knowledge, receives a company certificate (Certificate of Completion).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ohla Tampa Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The language school offers two main types of accommodation:
- Host family
These are half-board meals (breakfasts and dinners on weekdays, three meals a day on weekends), a free shuttle service to and from school, private rooms or a shared bedroom with a neighbor - cozy, comfortable conditions and the opportunity to constantly practice English with Americans. All houses are located within the city's public transport system with good access. A maximum of 1-2 students live in one family. Each family is thoroughly screened and approved by the Student Room Stay (SRS).
- Student Residence
The school does not have its own residences, but it will offer you several proven partner options. These can be private rooms or bedrooms with a neighbor, cozy shared living rooms for relaxation and communication, shared kitchens, cleaning 1-2 times a week, free WiFi and cable TV. The residences are located either within walking distance from the school, or in an area with excellent transport accessibility - it will not be difficult and not long to get there.
All students have access to morning coffee with snacks and pastries, there is no need to pay extra for this.
Activities Ohla Tampa Language School
In their free time, students like to explore the many sights of Tampa:
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay theme park,
- City Zoo,
- Amusement park
- Florida Aquarium,
- City museums,
- Golden long beaches,
- Armature Works Restaurant,
- The lively area of Ybor City.
Holidays and parties are regularly organized on campus - for example:
- Valentine's Day,
- Annual Cultural Evening,
- St. Patrick's Day,
- U.S. Independence Day,
- Christmas and Christmas Eve.
The OHLA network has long confirmed its high status and excellent reputation, earning the following titles and awards:
- Award Program: Best Language School,
- CBS News: Top Spot for English,
- Languagecourse.net: Exellence Award ‘Best Language School’,
- Business Hall of Fame,
- Women Owner of the Year-2017: Bronze Winner, Lead 5050,
- Languagebookings.net: Quality School Awards.
The network has prestigious international accreditations and is a member of many international organizations, for example:
The partners of the language school are the University of South Florida and Hillsborough Community College.
Facilities and equipment at Ohla Tampa Language School
The Ohla Tampa campus is located near the city center, close to the city's airport. Everything you need is prepared on campus for students:
- Reception desk,
- 8 cozy classrooms with smart boards,
- Computer Lab,
- Student lounge for relaxation,
- Free Wi-Fi,
- Free parking.
- Nearby, within walking distance, there are many cafes and restaurants.
Tampa is the economic center of West Florida, a vibrant, colorful, lively and dynamic city, widely known for its stunning beaches, successful sports teams and lively tourism.
Admission dates and extra charges
Most programs can be started year-round, every Monday. For convenience, the academic year is divided into several segments-sessions (approximate dates):
- Winter: January-March,
- Spring: March-May,
- Summer A: May-August,
- Summer B: August-October,
- Autumn: October-December.
Additionally, you will need to pay visa fees, study materials and manuals (depending on the course, from $ 60), a one-time non-refundable registration fee.
Pay attention to weekends and holidays when the school is closed (may shift slightly):
- 2-6 and 16 January,
- 20 February,
- 17 March,
- 26 and 29 May,
- 19 June,
- 4 July,
- 4 August,
- 4 September,
- 13 October,
- 23-24 November,
- December 22-29.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The school gladly accepts almost all students: there are no entrance examinations and strict selection. It is enough that the applicant is over 16 years old, has completed the basic course of secondary education.
What documents will be required for registration:
- Application form (to be filled out online),
- A copy of your passport or other ID,
- Proof of solvency (certificate from the bank),
- A study visa is usually an F-1 visa (the school sends an invitation letter to apply for it).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ohla Tampa Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.