Niagara Christian Collegiate Boarding School
Description of Niagara Christian Collegiate Boarding School
- Established: 1932
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Students age: 12-18 years old
- Number of students: 270 people
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: blended boarding school.
Niagara Christian Collegiate (NCC) is an independent Christian school located on the beautiful Niagara River near Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. NCC maintains a rich heritage and tradition since 1932: the school prepares students for success in life by shaping character, developing intelligence, instilling self-discipline and developing leadership skills. When you arrive on campus, you will experience a peaceful, friendly, caring atmosphere where students thrive.
For over 45 years, the NCC has successfully graduated international students to some of the best universities in the world. The NCC has built an international reputation competing with the most prestigious boarding schools in North America. This feature has been achieved through a professionally designed international training program.
Customized Short Term Programs
Individuals and groups of all ages can experience the North American learning style in a Canadian setting through a one-to-one short-term program. Programs are available from 1 week to a full semester. Students learn more about Canadian culture, the beautiful Niagara Falls area, and attend classes.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Niagara Christian Collegiate Boarding School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The NCC Accommodation Program offers accommodation in state-of-the-art hostels located on the NCC campus or with Canadian host families. Computer classes, wireless internet, a library, a gym, a relaxation room, a fitness center, and outdoor sports facilities are available to boarders.
The beautiful dormitories on the NCC campus include buildings for boys and girls, separate rooms, each with a director, dorm assistant who guide and mentor students.
The NCC Homestay Program offers students the opportunity to experience Canadian culture while living with a carefully selected host family. Families invited to participate in the NCC HomeStay Program are individually selected from alumni, faculty, staff, families of Canadian students, and other longtime friends of the school. Homestay students are included in all school-sponsored activities and housing programs.
- Air conditioners
- Common rooms, halls
- Wireless Internet
- Satellite television
- Training room.
The campus canteen offers three meals a day for on-campus students and a hot lunch for homestays throughout the school week.
Activities Niagara Christian Collegiate Boarding School
Niagara Christian Collegiate regularly hosts events on evenings and weekends: shopping, watching movies, dining, tourist attractions, cultural events.
English Language Teaching Professionals offer credit courses specifically designed for students studying Academic English as an Additional Course. New students are tested for English proficiency upon arrival at the NCC, placed in appropriate classes, and students are prepared to succeed in high school, university or college.
Individual English tuition is available for highly motivated students. Qualified, experienced private tutors offer classes at an additional cost in the following areas:
- Reading skills
- Grammar and Intense Writing
- Expanding vocabulary
- Integrated Academic English Skills
- Preparing for the literacy test
- TOEFL preparation
- IELTS preparation
- Preparing for the SAT.
NCC international and Canadian students interact through a variety of planned activities to improve their conversational English.
- Leadership activity
- Retreats and Off-campus Seminars
- Athletic advice
- Housing Leadership Program
- Working with the community
- Travel abroad
Sports sections: basketball, volleyball, badminton, football, athletics, swimming, golf, tennis, softball, cross-country.
- Yearbook Committee
- Student council
- Justice League
- Ski club
- International Christian Fellowship Groups.
- Musical performances
- Short theatrical performances
- Instrumental music lessons
- Vocal training
- Musical ensembles
Christian lifestyle program:
- Weekly visit to the chapel
- Christian lifestyle lessons
- Public works projects
- Educational activities
- Missionary trips.
- Parents choose private schools because of their significant academic advantages, individual attention from caring teachers, and great opportunities for extracurricular activities. Niagara Christian Collegiate provides all these and many other benefits: develops intelligence, forms character, fosters self-discipline, leadership qualities.
- Teachers play a key role in encouraging students to go beyond the classroom, engage in athletics, student leadership.
- An integrated approach to education has shown itself to be very successful: the admission rate to universities, colleges is 100%, which testifies to the world of opportunities that opens up for NCC graduates.
- NCC allows you to meet people from all over the world, take part in new events, and set yourself big challenges.
Facilities and equipment at Niagara Christian Collegiate Boarding School
Niagara Christian Collegiate has a beautiful 127 acre campus, including a spacious gym, recreation center, fitness centers, music room.
Admission dates and extra charges
- The cost of a kit of a form, including accessories - 150CAD $.
- Students pay for the textbooks themselves.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants send the following documents to the school (online):
- Completed application form
- Copy of a valid passport
- Report cards (current year and previous two years)
- 1-2 pages of an essay about yourself (family, interests, future goals).
Additional requirements are possible:
- English test
- External exam scores such as TOEFL, SSAT, IELTS, General Certficate of Education.
Scholarships Niagara Christian Collegiate Boarding School
The school offers scholarships to high performing students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Niagara Christian Collegiate Boarding School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.