Newbury College in Brooklyn, Massachusetts is one of the state's most prestigious educational institutions. The university attracts students with practice-oriented programs. Education at Newbury College is an excellent starting point for a future career abroad.
The university unites three higher schools. They study art, design, various sciences, management and business disciplines, hotel, restaurant management. Today, about 1,000 students study here.
The college is accredited by NEASC. Newbury College has been working since 1962. It has campuses in several cities of New England, Boston districts. Brooklyn was opened in 1982. Bachelor's diplomas are issued in college since 1994. Today, the school offers programs in more than 30 specialties.
Short information. Preparatory program-transfer for effective further education at the bachelor's degree. The program is taught at Wheelock College, after which students can either stay in college or go to Curry College or any other partner university.
About the course. The combined course is designed specifically for international students. It is aimed at those who need to improve the language for the implementation of academic goals and receive high-quality pre-university substantive training. Disciplines for study are selected in accordance with the specialization of bachelor's degree.
Students age: 17+
Start dates: September, January.
Requirements for Enrollment: TOEFL IBT 60 or equivalent, school certificate.
The result of the training: the development of language, academic skills, the receipt of 24 - 32 credits, the guarantee of admission to the 2 course of Bachelor's degree with the successful completion of the UTP training.
Class size: 18 students.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
] Price:$ 30,000 per year.
Students at Newbury College are offered accommodation in one of the residences. Standard conditions include a single room in a block of 3-4 rooms with a shared kitchen, bathroom. Superior rooms have amenities and can be equipped with mini-kitchens. Nutrition in the college is provided at will.
Available options: boarding house, half board, breakfast in the dining room. Meals are paid by students in addition. Students who choose self-care can use the kitchen units in the residences.
Brooklyn, where the campus is located, is full of attractions. There is an interesting architecture, cultural institutions. The students are also offered a large selection of excursions around Boston.
University extra-curricular program is also not boring. For students contests, quizzes, discos, picnics, walks, trips are organized. In addition, several dozens of interest clubs operate in Newbury. For sports enthusiasts, a specialized center is also open in the college.
Teaching takes place mainly in the morning and afternoon. Evening electives are available.
The Brooklyn campus is an excellent place for learning and staying. The college is equipped with spacious technology audiences, lecture rooms, a library, a computer center, access to Wi-Fi. For recreation are provided cafeterias, green areas on campus. The pride of the college is the sports infrastructure. The university has playgrounds, track and field arena.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.