Maumee Valley Country Day School (private school)
Description of Maumee Valley Country Day School (private school)
- Year of foundation: 1919
- Location: Toledo, USA
- Age of students: from 14 to 18 years
- Type: private school
- Form of education: mixed
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 240.
Maumee Valley Country Day School has almost a century and a half history and is among the most prestigious and respected educational institutions of America. Maumee Valley accepts students from all over the world and is the only accredited and independent school in Northwest Ohio.
In a rich multicultural environment, Maumee Valley encourages and instills respect for others, develops creativity, cooperation, critical thinking, takes into account the characteristics of each student. Education at school is based on the principle of combining personal experience and global thinking: a graduate of Maumee Valley is an inquisitive person with the skills, confidence and academic foundation necessary for success. Here each student is proud, finding an individual approach instead of a standardized one, in which the creativity and innovations of teachers help.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Maumee Valley Country Day School (private school)
Accommodation, meals, prices
Maumee Valley Country Day School students have the opportunity to choose one of two types of residence in the country: in a school residence, where girls and young people are placed separately, or in the home of a host family that the school administration is willing to choose for students for a long time. Life in the American family has a beneficial effect on language skills and adds to the treasury of knowledge of the student in the field of traditions of the country, where he will spend more than one year.
On campus, students live in buildings under the constant supervision of a senior teacher, whose responsibilities include not only controlling order, but also providing all kinds of assistance to students. School canteen provides three meals a day, the menu of which, in addition to the main courses, includes drinks and fruits.
Activities Maumee Valley Country Day School (private school)
Annual traditions help to maintain a special spirit of the school. In the fall there is a school-wide sports day: students and teachers participate in relay races and are sick of autumn sports teams (football, field hockey, tennis and golf). For the relay races, the autumn carnival will certainly follow, where students from ELC to Upper School hold games and a banquet for the entire school community. Thanksgiving songs are sung and words of gratitude are pronounced.
International student welcome lunches, awards and meetings with veterans, alumni and new students are held throughout the year. The school believes that celebrating the achievements that unite the students is no less important than the achievements themselves.
- Student to teacher ratio 9: 1
- 88% of teachers have a doctoral or master's degree
- 20% of students are foreign
- Maumee Valley Country Day School is an ideal place for young fans of computer graphics and those who connect their future with it: there is a highly technical computer classroom with powerful computers and all the necessary software for 3D , design and video graphics.
- 100% of MVCDs graduates go to college.
Facilities and equipment at Maumee Valley Country Day School (private school)
- 30 hectares of land in a park area
- Residential building
- Educational buildings
- 4 outdoor sports grounds
- 3 indoor sports halls
- Tennis courts
- Picture gallery
- Theater with a capacity of 300 spectators
- Spacious dining room
- Library fund
- Computer classrooms with the possibility of 3D-modeling, computer animation, graphic and web design.
Admission dates and extra charges
When enrolling the student must pay a registration fee. Maumee Valley offers advanced payment plan options (three or twelve monthly payments): they will be automatically deducted from your current or savings account. The cost of the academic year includes all costs associated with tuition and accommodation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Receipt of payment of registration fee
- Application form
- School scorecard and teacher recommendations
- TOEFL and SAT test results
- Personal interview at school.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Maumee Valley Country Day School (private school)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.