Grand River Academy Private School
Description of Grand River Academy Private School
- Year of foundation: 1831
- Location: Austinburg, Ohio, USA
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 110 people
- Age of students: 14-18 years
- Type of education: private school for boys.
Grand River Academy is a preparatory boarding school and a day school for boys, helping young people to enhance their academic, emotional, social potential, preparing them for success in later life. The Grand River Academy is an accredited, well-equipped private school located in Austinburg, Ohio. The school was founded in 1831 on an area of over 200 acres. Due to the small class sizes (average filling - 7 people), special support for students, the ratio of pupils and teachers 5 to 1 and an individual approach, the school ensures boys success in college and beyond. Grand River Academy offers athletics, a variety of extracurricular activities that allow students to discover their character and use the potential for success in the future.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Grand River Academy Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Grand River Academy Ohio offers students accommodation among friends, teachers in a hospitable and supportive environment. All five hostels have spacious living rooms for relaxing, watching movies with friends. Each dorm has a small kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. Teachers help students form a sense of community by spending evenings of games, birthday parties, film marathons, and other events.
Activities Grand River Academy Private School
On weekends, students can choose how to spend time: relax in a dorm, visit a multifunctional student center, do athletics, spend time at the gym, or choose an excursion outside campus. Pupils attend cinemas, theaters, ski and snowboard resorts, the Cedar Point amusement park, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, sports events and other entertainment and shopping centers.
On weekdays, after school, students attend counseling and school meetings, which is attended by all teachers, staff, and students. These activities expand learning opportunities outside the classroom, as students, faculty and staff discuss real problems (peer pressure, substance abuse, compliance), looking for ways to solve them.
Hostel meetings cover a variety of topics, including conflict resolution, learning habits, time management. Group discussions give students the opportunity to learn from their peers, learn to solve any problems and create a supportive community in a residence.
The Grand River Academy is one of the best boarding schools for boys, focused on developing children's learning skills in a supportive, structured environment. By focusing on their strengths, adolescents learn to control their education, to move at their own pace. Thanks to 187 years of experience, the school has developed a special educational approach to the organization of training for male students. Boys learn best when they are immersed, active, interested in the subject. Decades of research on the best methods of segregated learning have created special conditions. Ensuring individual attention to each student is characteristic of the Grand River Academy: after enrollment, each student works with his adviser, the director of teaching and learning. An individual plan allows each young person to explore their academic inclinations, discover hobbies, and find like-minded people. Consultants work closely with students to ensure that they correctly set academic, athletic, and social goals during the semester.
The Academy provides support to foreign students, working closely with consultants and families in determining the individual needs of students. GRA provides a wide range of general assistance, support, help students adapt to life in school.
The international student program English Language Learners prepares students of all levels of English language skills to enroll in universities in the United States, both academically and culturally.
Foundations Learning Program helps students learn daily organizational habits and develop time management skills.
The program includes:
- Daily meetings with FLP teacher
- Regular monitoring of student performance, communication with teachers
- Exam preparation, exam examination exam strategies, testing conditions
- Assisting students in determining preferred learning styles, applying effective methods
- Encourage self-defense skills
- Providing strategies for efficient note taking
- Provision and / or recommendations of assistive technology.
Facilities and equipment at Grand River Academy Private School
Located in a historic building on more than 200 acres of land, the GRA campus is the perfect place for young people to grow, learn, explore. The academic campus is located in the countryside just a few miles from Lake Erie, Grand River, less than an hour from Cleveland and two hours from Pittsburgh.
Admission dates and extra charges
The cost of training and accommodation in Grand River Academy Ohio - $ 50,000 / g.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The private school Grand River Academy accepts students throughout the year.
International students at admission:
- Fill out an online application form.
- Pay the entrance fee - $ 100.
- Submit official documents from the place of previous training for the last two years.
- Send the official test results of iTEP SLATE, TOEFL Junior, TOEFL, SSAT, or Duolingo English test results for consideration upon admission (minimum points do not become grounds for refusal).
All foreign students who are not native speakers are re-tested upon arrival at the Grand River Academy to determine the level of proficiency and inclusion in the three-level program English language learners (ELL).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Grand River Academy Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.