Luxembourg United Business Institute
Description of Luxembourg United Business Institute
- Location: Luxembourg
- Founded: in 1992
- Type of training: joint (mixed)
- Type of education: higher (bachelor)
- Language learning: English.
The prestigious United Business Institute (Campus in Luxembourg) offers students from around the world a high-quality, effective business education at the bachelor’s level with honors (higher education takes 3 years). This is an opportunity to acquire valuable, up-to-date theoretical knowledge and practical skills, and test them for mandatory internships at leading companies.
Luxembourg United Business Institute courses comply with high British standards: the program is approved by the University of Middlesex (London; since 1998) - after completing the course, a bachelor’s degree is also received in London. Special attention is paid to the international aspect (international business / finance) and the management of intercultural relations, which helps graduates to get a job in any country in the world - at the local, regional, international level.
Today, the Luxembourg United Business Institute operates as an intellectual, educational center of its region: a motivating, comfortable learning environment is created for students. Pupils of the Luxembourg United Business Institute will be able to contribute to global economic development, learn the highest standard scientific theory, principles of business ethics, develop leadership qualities for personal and professional life. The training is built on the recognition of career tools in business, the necessary conceptual foundations, the legal environment of business and international ethics, and the acquisition of basic knowledge of management, marketing, finance and information technology.
Inclusiveness and equality of opportunity are important for the Luxembourg United Business Institute : here each student is a member of the international community, where diversity and many points of view, a wide range of experience and knowledge are appreciated.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Luxembourg United Business Institute
- Quality modern British programs
- State accreditation
- Validation from British universities and worldwide diploma recognition
- Ease of admission to a master's degree at any university in the world after receiving a bachelor's degree at the Luxembourg United Business Institute
- Since 2016 she has been working with Erasmus programs (gives the opportunity to get double degrees and transfer from universities around the world).
Facilities and equipment at Luxembourg United Business Institute
UBI is located in a spacious, cozy and beautiful mansion of the XIX century with a total area of more than 1200 sq. M. The mansion is located right in the center of the city: within a kilometer you can find public transport stations, railway stops.
Admission dates and extra charges
The Luxembourg United Business Institute admits to undergraduate programs twice a year:
- September (end of year in June)
- February (finish studying in December).
The cost of the bachelor program = 5,400 euros / semester, 10,800 euros / academic year. This amount does not include:
- Re-examinations = 50 euro / each
- Books and tutorials, org.uslugi
- Personal laptop (required for training).
For new UBI students, before sending documents for obtaining a visa, it is necessary to pay the first advance payment = 6,300 euros (in case of refusal, 5,400 euros are returned).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The Luxembourg United Business Institute seeks worldwide to attract applicants who possess the necessary academic and personal qualities, including openness and tolerance. All applicants should:
- Apply for an established model, including all necessary investments
- Attach a school diploma / certificate and a report card
- Confirm your knowledge of English
- To pass an interview (in person or via Skype )
- Write an academic essay
- Confirm high computer literacy skills
- Provide a copy of the passport + 2 photos for the ID- card (attached directly to the application).
In addition, the selection committee has the right to approve other requirements - the final decision is made directly by the deans (note that if the application is rejected, appeals are not accepted and not accepted here).
Luxembourg United Business Institute sets a high standard regarding the level of English for applicants, since all training is conducted in English:
- GCSE: Grades C and Higher
- IELTS: from 6.0
- TOEFL: from 72 (Internet option)
- CAE certificate .
Pupils whose knowledge is not yet sufficient for enrollment are offered an intensive pre-session academic English course, where their knowledge will lead to the desired level.
Bachelor students who have already started to get higher education in other universities / high schools and managed to earn educational credits can transfer to the Luxembourg United Business Institute with credit for the passed disciplines (it is necessary to provide academic certificates, a report card with grades and a list of courses completed). Often, such students are exempted from certain training modules by the decision of the dean, they can enroll in the second or third semester ( BA 1- BA 2), and in some cases further ( BA- 3).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Luxembourg United Business Institute
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.