Description of LUNEX University
- Location: Differdange, Luxembourg,
- Established: 2016,
- Number of students: about 700,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
LUNEX University is an international private university offering a number of English-language pre-admission, bachelor's and master's programs. Main specializations: sports, health and management.
Students from many countries come to Differdange to gain competitive knowledge through programs adapted to the needs of the modern labor market. Thanks to an educational approach built on a combination of theory and practice, LUNEX University students can learn at their own pace and using both full-time and electronic education formats. University teachers provide support to each pupil, thereby creating a comfortable atmosphere for academic and extracurricular development.
Faculties and colleges
LUNEX University consists of five faculties:
- Sports and exercise,
- International Sports Management,
- Nutrition, fitness and health,
- Corporate Healthcare Governance.
Things to know about
All students receive an iPad at the beginning of their undergraduate program and use it until graduation, with the option to keep the device after a successful graduation.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in LUNEX University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university itself currently does not have residential buildings, planning to expand the campus in the near future. Now LUNEX University students are accepted by partner organizations that provide comfortable accommodation in Luxembourg and France.
Galileo University Residence in Esch/Beval, Luxembourg – the building has 176 residential premises: apartments and studio apartments. The residence is located less than 10 km from the campus and offers the following options:
- Room in a communal apartment: separate bedrooms and bathrooms, shared kitchen and living room,
- Separate and fully furnished studios with kitchen, bathroom, work area,
- Large and fully furnished studios with balcony, kitchen, bathroom and work area.
Campus Belval is located on the border of France and Luxembourg in Auden-le-Tiche, less than 15 km from the university. In the newly built building there are 130 furnished apartments of varying degrees of comfort:
- Studio from 18 to 24 sq. m,
- Studio with separate kitchen,
- Two-bedroom apartment,
- Apartment with three bedrooms.
The rental price already includes services such as internet, cleaning, gym and others.
Quai Grand Est offers accommodation in Longwy-Bas, France. The building is a 7-minute walk from the train station. Students will live in the furnished rooms of the residence, sharing bathrooms and toilets, a kitchen.
The campus institution does not have a canteen, but, thanks to cooperation with local restaurants and cafes, students are given discounts on meals.
Activities LUNEX University
As a "European sports city", Differdange provides many opportunities for outdoor sports or in the gym, in the club or on your own. Luxembourg is ideal for sports and nature lovers: it offers a wide range of activities, including cycling, hiking, rock climbing, horse riding and water sports. Culture lovers are also sure to find leisure to their liking.
LUNEX University offers a variety of sports: football, handball, dance or badminton. Every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch, a group of athletes gather at the gym near campus to practice tricks, gymnastic skills and choreography. Football and rugby sessions are also organized on these days.
The LUNEX Student Union (LSU) has an active participation of 25 students of various specialties. LSU organizes student events and acts as a liaison between students and the university administration. Regular team meetings, theme nights, parties, cultural and sports events are all part of the academic life of students. The LUNEX Student Union plays an important role in helping new students navigate the university and get to know other students quickly.
- Adapted degrees suitable for the growing job market,
- The perfect combination of theory and practical experience,
- A flexible program to accompany high-performance sports and careers,
- International Learning Environment,
- Personalized support for each student,
- State-of-the-art equipment,
- A combination of e-learning and blended learning,
- International student exchange under the Erasmus+ program,
- Students from more than 20 countries,
- The campus facilities are accessible to people with disabilities.
Facilities and equipment at LUNEX University
Luxembourg is a small country located between France, Germany, and Belgium. It boasts a high standard of living, a low crime rate, and great cultural diversity.
Differdange is the third largest city in Luxembourg. In the immediate vicinity of the LUNEX campus, students can find a wide range of leisure activities, from sports activities in clubs and outdoors to a variety of restaurants and cultural events. Another feature of the city is free public transport, linking many interesting places of Differdange.
The campus is distinguished by manufacturability and modern equipment. Its architecture and interior design are focused on sports specialization, and practical and theoretical classes create ideal conditions for learning and independent work on projects.
Some of the infrastructure facilities are:
- Swimming pool converted into a modern auditorium: the room is used for lectures and seminars, student events,
- The floors in the corridors of the building resemble an athletics surface,
- Recreation and self-study areas, made in the style of football teams,
- Conference hall with a large table, modern video conferencing system.
The state-of-the-art facilities of the institution include a fully equipped sports and movement laboratory. Students and researchers have access to numerous systems for measuring and analyzing physical activity, with the help of which research and practical work are carried out. Some of the technological instruments of the laboratory are:
- The Research Pro IMU Portable Motion Detection System contains patented technology that allows for high-precision three-dimensional measurements of movements in confined spaces or on the playing field,
- BTS Bioengineering's G-WALK is a special wireless inertial sensor that allows clinical tests to be performed in the shortest possible time. It also provides key parameters for walking, running, and jumping. Such studies are needed in the rehabilitation sector to quantify the effectiveness of treatment during recovery,
- Noraxon DTS is a small, lightweight, and effective EMG system for recording and evaluating muscle function in a variety of motor conditions in clinical examinations, competitions, and recreational sports. The complete absence of cables allows you to measure parameters without hindering movements,
- The Zebris Plantar Pressure Measurement System is a reliable and accurate device for recording static and dynamic pressure distribution during walking and standing,
- Eye tracking allows you to measure the gaze behavior of the subjects during the task. Thanks to its mobility, the pupil tracking system from Pupil Labs is able to analyze visual focus in realistic sports or everyday situations,
- The H/P/Cosmos P ulsar 3 P model has a built-in directional change system for downhill descent and can adjust speeds up to 40 km/h: this allows you to diagnose and train athletes involved in sprinting and other endurance sports. The treadmill is also equipped with the Air Walk system, which is used in neurological diagnostics and rehabilitation due to its function of weight loss and, as a result, balance protection.
Admission dates and extra charges
There are no semester holidays in the school year, as in school - periods without lectures usually fall in mid-August-early September and the last two weeks of December. Holidays are also provided on public holidays in Luxembourg.
The university educates students on a block basis - periods of lecture and practical alternate with periods of self-study. All learning materials are available on the online platform, allowing students to study effectively and organize their time according to personal needs.
An approximate list of additional costs:
- Registration fees,
- Accommodation and meals,
- Leisure and personal spending.
The registration fee for admission of a foreign student is paid simultaneously with the education.
The most important step in entering the university is to fill out an online application with the provision of documents. Employees will contact candidates and help in obtaining a visa or residence permit, inform further conditions for enrollment.
Upon arrival at the campus, each applicant passes a language test to confirm the level of knowledge of the English language. Some programs may present additional entrance tests.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Application days take place almost every week on Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Applicants are required to provide personal and academic documents:
- A copy of the passport, medical insurance,
- A copy of the school certificate of secondary education or bachelor's degree,
- A language certificate (IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent) confirming the level of knowledge of the English language.
To participate in the undergraduate program, candidates must have a level of English of at least B2; On the day of application, the student will take a test to confirm it.
For the master's program, you must provide evidence of your English proficiency, such as an internationally recognized language certificate or completion of a previous English language course. The C1 language level is mandatory for the Master's program in Physiotherapy, while other programs in the field of sports and physical exercises, international sports management require English proficiency at least at the B2 level.
Scholarships LUNEX University
The institution has partnerships with local organizations that provide funding to its students:
- AIDEFI: Government Financial Aid – Combined Scholarships, Loans, Loans, Allowances,
- GOALS: International Scholarships for Masters – issued to foreign students registered in Erasmus+ and enrolled in a sports management program,
- International scholarships – awards of associations, foundations, companies,
- Funding for professional athletes - the university provides the status of a professional athlete with the possibility of combining study and career.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about LUNEX University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.