LSI Language School in Montreux in the shadow of the Alps near Lake Geneva is one of the best places to study French in colorful Switzerland. Here, the improvement of language skills can be combined with a variety of leisure activities. Montreux offers many opportunities for recreation and entertainment all year round. Students can practice during excursions to galleries, museums, ancient temples, walks along the Lake Geneva, visits to concerts of jazz performers. Winter courses in the school will allow to combine studying with extreme sports: snowboarding, downhill skiing.
Short information. The main program LSI Montreux, designed to effectively develop the basic language skills.
About the course. The basic course of French in LSI Montreux is available in two versions:
In the lessons, students learn French grammar, vocabulary, acquire skills of fluent reading, understanding of printed text, listening, writing. Particular attention is paid to the development of speech. To improve communication skills, interactive lessons are conducted (discussions, seminars, thematic meetings, etc.).
Students age: 16+
Start dates: year-round.
Requirements for admission: French - from A1.
The result of the training: confident knowledge of the key language aspects, a lot of vivid impressions of the holidays in Montreux.
Class size: up to 12 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes [ 999.25]
The school offers accommodation in hotels, residences, host families. Living conditions: single rooms with private facilities. Meals - only breakfast or half board. All objects recommended for rent are within walking distance from the school or no more than half an hour from it.
Extracurricular program for students of French courses depends on the time of the year. In the summer, guests of Montreux and LSI are offered boat trips and yachting trips along the Lake Geneva with sightseeing and eco-trips. In winter, tourists are waiting for the Alpine ski resorts located near the city. All year round excursion trips are organized around the surroundings of Montreux. The same goes for the cultural program: visits to concerts, film premiers, exhibitions, museums, etc.
Students have classes in the morning and afternoon.
The infrastructure of the LSI Montreux is represented by spacious auditoriums, which offer a magnificent view of the Alps or the Lake of Geneva, a computer room, a language lab. The school has interactive technology, on campus there is free Wi-Fi. For relaxation there is a cozy living room.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.