L'institut supérieur des medias — ISCPA, Iscpa Higher Media Institute
Description of L'institut supérieur des medias — ISCPA, Iscpa Higher Media Institute
- Year of foundation: 1991
- Location: France – Paris, Lyon, Toulouse
- Age of students: 17+
- Number of students: 3500
- Language of instruction: French.
ISCPA is located in Paris, Lyon and Toulouse, is part of the international IGS alliance and offers professional educationin three programs: communication, journalism and production. Each of them opens up many employment opportunities: in the cultural industry (television, cinema, music, video games, live performances), journalism (television, radio, press and the Internet), press relations, advertising, event management, media planning, digital marketing.
Faculties and colleges
ISCPA's three faculties are spread across campuses in Paris, Toulouse and Lyon; at the same time, the Paris campus opens its doors to students of all three colleges, and the remaining two are limited to journalism and mass communications.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in L'institut supérieur des medias — ISCPA, Iscpa Higher Media Institute
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students can study in one of three comfortable and modern campuses:
It is located in the middle of the X Paris arrondissement, parallel to the embankment of the Canal Saint-Martin and a few hundred meters from the Gare de l'Est. An option for those who want to live life to the fullest 24/7.
Offers its students:
- Spacious and modern campus with an area of 6900 sq.m.;
- Wide and bright halls, amphitheaters and assembly halls;
- 26 classrooms;
- Computer center with internal high-speed network with wireless access and 320 modern PCs;
- Unlimited free Wi-Fi;
- Modern library with a subscription for 10,000 volumes, a variety of subscription publications and access to 11 full-text databases;
- Food court (from sandwiches and light salads to full meals with indispensable hot and cold drinks);
- Recreation area.
Campus of Lyon
Ultra-modern building with an area of over 17 thousand square meters. unites various training centers and programs of IGS Group, among which is NOT the last place is occupied by ISCPA.
Students at the Lyon campus have access to a wealth of infrastructural capabilities:
- More than a hundred auditoriums and lecture halls;
- Assembly hall for 300 people;
- Rich library with 12,000 publications, subscription to 283 periodicals (of which 208 in the digital version);
- Access to factiva's unique full-text database – 14,000 media in 28 languages from 190 countries;
- More than 700 computers equipped with high-speed Internet access and wireless connectivity;
- Language Centre (trained in 11 languages, including Russian, Chinese and Hebrew and Arabic);
- Canteen (mainly fast food).
The Lyon campus is distinguished from others by an incredible saturation of social, social and cultural life.
The campus is 100% accessible to persons with disabilities.
Blagnac Campus of Toulouse
As in Lyon, in Toulouse, the ISCPA campus is part of the IGS. It is located in an extremely picturesque and convenient location, 20 minutes by tram from the city center, surrounded by greenery and numerous facilities for sports recreation. In addition, the center is home to shops, museums, theaters, its own university restaurant and countless opportunities to live in the best (shares the title with Lyon) student city in France.
The campus area is 4000 sq.m., which is enough to accommodate 38 classrooms, several hundred workplaces, a computer center for 400 PCs. On campus there is a radio broadcasting center, a weekly student newspaper, there is a library with subscription resources and a dining area.
Activities L'institut supérieur des medias — ISCPA, Iscpa Higher Media Institute
Life is in full swing at ISCPA and outside the classroom. On campuses there are various student associations that coordinate and direct extracurricular activities, sports life and leisure of students, establishing interaction between faculties. Associations serve as organizers of events in the field of culture, arts, sports, public and humanitarian initiatives, regularly hold charity events and gatherings.
An old and good tradition has become such annual events as:
- "Big Dictation";
- Annual creative competition in the field of journalism and innovation (held since 2015);
- Matinees of communication, journalism and production (held since 2015, organized for the purpose of exchanging experience between graduates and students, representatives of the professional community, public and political figures, schoolchildren and students of specialized lyceums of the largest cities of France).
A multidisciplinary professional higher educational institution that educates students in three main areas of media: production, journalism and mass communications. The teaching method is based on innovative technologies combined with:
- Adaptive programs approved by the professional community and academic councils;
- Full-time eduaction in compact groups, with a large number of practical exercises;
- Professional teaching and teaching staff;
- Recognized by the professional community visual educational materials;
- Regular internships lasting from 3 months to six months both in France and abroad.
On the ISCPA side:
- 31 years of successful work
- 200 graduates ready for the most modern challenges in the world of mass communications annually
- 4100 graduates in France and abroad
- 20 partner universities around the world
- 420 guest lecturers and professors of the highest class.
Facilities and equipment at L'institut supérieur des medias — ISCPA, Iscpa Higher Media Institute
Within the walls of ISCPA, dozens of qualified specialists in various industries have found their vocation - they managed to create a unique atmosphere, which, in combination with unsurpassed equipment, allows you to train specialists of the widest profile.
It offers students their own television studio with all the necessary equipment, radio stations in Toulouse and Lyon, countless computer terminals and up-to-date databases necessary in working with media content.
In addition, students can use modern computers with modern software and peripherals - from sound recording rooms to editing tables and hardware.
Admission dates and extra charges
To confirm registration, applicants must pay a registration fee (700 euros in Paris, 1200 in Toulouse and Lyon); in case of successful admission, the amount is deducted from the cost of training. Payment is possible both by cheque or bank transfer, and in cash (in this case, the student is given a 2% discount). Payment in installments is available - two schemes are offered: 3 times a year, october 15, December and March, and 6 times - monthly payments from October to March.
The academic year for bachelors begins in September, for master classes and master's programs - in September-October. In some cases, an additional set may be held in January.
In order to participate in the competition for admission to ISCPA, you must send an application in electronic form. On the Paris campus, this can be done year-round, and in Lyon and Toulouse there are approved exam dates, the application must be submitted at least 10 days before the entrance exams. The number of seats is limited. If two applicants receive the same score, the place goes to the one who previously applied.
When applying to the Lyon and Toulouse campuses, you will need to pay an application fee of €60 (not available in Paris).
After passing the exams, the applicant is notified of the results by phone or e-mail. If the answer is yes, you will be contacted to settle all the formalities and fill out the pre-registration form. A potential student may be offered several programs or courses to choose from, the decision is made during the interview.
In case of refusal, you will be able to try to apply next year.
98% of graduates are employed within three years after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
ISCPA conducts oral and written entrance examinations aimed at assessing the general cultural level, analytical abilities, creative competencies and other criteria of professional suitability.
- First of all, this is an entrance test in online form – it consists of 80 questions and is called Cafe80. Allows you to assess the knowledge of English and French, the general cultural level, knowledge of the current agenda. The duration of testing does not exceed 45 minutes.
- Then, in full-time or remote form, another test is conducted to find out how good the applicant's ability to analyze, the ability to clearly and distinctly express thoughts and form ideas into a coherent text. This testing lasts from an hour to an hour and a half.
- Finally, the last mandatory element is a half-hour motivational interview.
Scholarships L'institut supérieur des medias — ISCPA, Iscpa Higher Media Institute
ISCPA has a developed system of internships, discounts and scholarships, including:
- Annual internships (2-5 months in France or abroad); the internship is paid at the rate of at least 4 euros per hour of work (550-600 euros per month);
- Work + study (student or career guidance contracts) - in this case, training is fully paid by the organization in the interests of which the student is trained. He is also paid a salary in the range of 45 to 80% of the minimum wage in the region;
- Banking partnership: ISCPA and IGS Group have been cooperating with local banks for several years, which gives students the opportunity to use preferential tariffs and services;
- Student Scholarships: Various options are available to help you with your projects – Erasmus, Explora'Sup, Distinguished Service Scholarship.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about L'institut supérieur des medias — ISCPA, Iscpa Higher Media Institute
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.