The Cheltenham Summer Camp, based at homonymous Cheltenham College in Gloucestershire, is an excellent choice for foreign students who want to improve proficiency in English, relax on vacations in England and immerse in British cultural environment. The educational institution attracts foreign students with convenient location, reputation, high level of service and quality of educational services. The summer language camp is accredited by the British Council. The language center, functioning as a boarding school, is one of the most prestigious state educational institutions in Britain.
Short information . A standard course of colloquial English, which includes an academic unit and a variety of extracurricular activities.
About the course . The program provides classes within the academic load of 15 hours a week. At the lessons, students develop basic language skills. Particular attention is paid to speaking.
The age of students : 12 to 17 years.
Start dates : 5, 12 , 19 and 26.07 (1-4 weeks).
Requirements for crediting : English is from A1.
Learning outcomes : pronunciation, improvement of spoken English, development of general language skills.
Class size [ 999.40]: 15 people.
The duration of the lesson is : 45 minutes.
Quick Overview . Intensive English course for those wishing to focus on acquiring language skills.
About the course . Course intensity of 21 hours / week. Includes academic studies, extracurricular activities. The first allow students to acquire knowledge in the field of grammar, syntax, and expand vocabulary. Extra-curricular activities allow you to practice English in an informal setting to consolidate the material and improve the acquired skills.
Students age : 12 to 17 years.
Start dates : 5, 12, 19.07 ( 2 - 4 weeks).
Admission requirements : English - entry level.
The result of the training : development of general language and communication skills, the practice of communicating in English in the academic environment and everyday situations.
Class size : 15 people.The length of the lesson is : 45 minutes.
] The cost includes: study, activities, excursions, three meals a day, accommodation.
Students are accommodated in the residence. Single rooms, double rooms are available, as well as rooms for 4 to 8 people. Single and double options are recommended to book in advance. Food is full board.
Extracurricular program for students includes sports (volleyball, rugby, squash, cricket, football, swimming, basketball, badminton), electives and mugs (handicrafts, art, theater, filming, art of musicals and shows), dances (salsa) . Entertainment activities are held almost daily. Excursions are also included in the curriculum. Students of the summer camp can visit London, Bristol, Windsor, Cardiff, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Lessons are held in the morning.
The camp has spacious classrooms, a modern computer center. Wireless Internet is available on campus. For sports there are fields and grounds, indoor 25-meter swimming pool, multifunctional complex. Also in the camp there is a dining room, decorated in Old English style, a professional theater.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.