University of Surrey Summer Camp
Description of University of Surrey Summer Camp
- Location: Guildford, UK
- Students age: 10-17 years.
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: summer language camp.
University of Surrey Summer offers English courses for students, allowing you to combine study on a university campus and relax in a small English town. The University of Surrey is located in Guilford, a historic and vibrant county town: it has all the urban advantages, but it remains a calm, quiet place with historic streets and alleys around the cobbled High Street.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Surrey Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
University of Surrey Summer offers hostel accommodation:
- Single standard rooms with a shared bathroom in a residence in the central part of the campus
- The rooms are combined into blocks or floors of 10-14 rooms
- Most residential units have a shared kitchen where students can relax in the evening.
07: 00-08: 45
Continental breakfast. Once a week - hot breakfast
12: 30-13: 45
Hot lunch with two dishes to choose from, salads, bread and fruits
18: 00-20: 00
Hot two-course dinner with salads, bread and fruit
Activities University of Surrey Summer Camp
Activities on the school grounds:
- Classes of a science club from the University Faculty of Physics
- Classes of scientific, theatrical circles
- Welcome Disco
- Karaoke / Battle of Phonograms
- Evening of national cultures
- Talent show.
Sample list of excursions:
- Meet Guildford and Photo Quest
- Full-day train ride to London and the Royal Family and Politics tour
- Visit to the National Gallery, shopping in central London
- Full day trip to Oxford with a city tour
- Visiting Oxford University College, free time for a walk in the city center
- A full day trip to London by train and a sightseeing tour of the Thames
- Visiting the British Museum and shopping on Oxford Street, later returning to school by train (dinner on vouchers)
- Portsmouth Full Day Trip HMS Victory Ship Walking Tour
- Guildford Half Day Study Tour.
Travel passes are included for all excursions to London.
- Closed campus within walking distance of Guildford
- Four full day excursions including Oxford, Portsmouth and London (one with late return)
- Classes of scientific and theatrical circles in the afternoon, in the evening
- Meeting at the airport with the staff of the center, escorting students to the campus.
Facilities and equipment at University of Surrey Summer Camp
The university is located on a secure closed campus with ideal conditions for communication and entertainment:
- The main hall is designed for sports indoors, the field can be used for any event.
- There is a large shop and a coffee shop, and most residences also have spacious living rooms.
- The campus provides cloud-based Wi-Fi access throughout the campus, except for residences.
- At the reception staff is on duty around the clock, access is only by magnetic card. There is video surveillance throughout the campus.
Admission dates and extra charges
- July 2 - July 16
- July 16 - July 30.
A security deposit of £ 20 / € 30 (refundable) in case of damage to the university property.
- Deposit for a course/programme 25 GBP
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Age - 10-17 liters.
- Level of English - from Elementary to Proficiency.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Surrey Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.