Cheltenham College Summer School
Description of Cheltenham College Summer School
- Location: Cheltenham, England,
- Established: 1841,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of training: mixed.
Cheltenham College (Summer School) is a public school in Gloucestershire, England. During the academic year, children from 3 to 18 years old study on its campus, and in the summer months there are seasonal language programs attended by students from 10 to 17 years old.
Since its inception, the team of teachers and staff has grown rapidly, replenished with highly qualified specialists, and the multinationality of students is growing to this day - representatives from Portugal, India, Turkey, Germany, Russia and other countries coexist on campus.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cheltenham College Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
A dormitory with single and double rooms has been prepared on the campus of the school. In them, students are accommodated according to their gender and age, thereby creating a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Bathrooms are shared and used in a ratio of 1:5 (to residents). Also in the residential building, students have access to recreation areas and a dining room, which provides three meals a day.
Modern catering provides students with three meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. In between, students can have a snack in the cafeteria, where they are offered drinks, pastries and sweets.
Activities Cheltenham College Summer School
During several weeks of study in summer programs, students have the opportunity to try their hand at new areas of art, sports or social activities. After the main lessons, a variety of events are held for them: from thematic master classes to large-scale competitions. For example, in the first week, students are invited to master classes in tie-dye, origami, design, mannequin challenge competitions, mini-Olympic games, and also provide a chance to practice rugby, swimming and charity - cleaning the school grounds.
In the evenings, pupils attend collective events where students of all programs gather. Movie or computer game nights, theme parties, talent shows or cooking classes are held daily on campus.
The program also includes full-day field trips - students will visit London, Cardiff, Oxford and Butt with their famous sights.
- On-campus education at one of the best institutions in the country,
- Full board with three meals a day,
- Multinationality among students,
- Qualified teachers with TEFL/CELTA certificates,
- Small classes of up to six people.
Facilities and equipment at Cheltenham College Summer School
The study area of Cheltenham College is located in the heart of one of the busiest resort towns in England - Cheltenham. Students of the programs have access to the nearest attractions, cafes, entertainment centers and many green areas for walking and recreation. On the school grounds themselves, they will find bright classrooms with modern equipment, self-study and communication areas, a top-class sports center with a swimming pool, open areas for team and individual sports training.
The location of the campus is ideal for international students, as the road to the nearest big cities and important transport points is convenient:
- The nearest town is Leicester,
- The distance to London is 2.5 hours,
- The nearest airport is Bristol, a 1.15-minute drive away,
- Birmingham is 1.15 minutes away,
- Heathrow Airport – 2 hours drive,
- Gatwick Airport — 2.45 minutes.
Admission dates and extra charges
Training in any of the options lasts 14 days.
The standard schedule of the program includes:
- Academic classes in the morning,
- Workshops and activities on campus in the afternoon,
- Collective activities in the evenings.
Applicants at the admission stage must pay an application fee of £250.
Also, if necessary, students can use transfers or taxis to airports.
The cost of each of the programs includes all the necessary services, so children will need money only to buy souvenirs.
You can attend the spring or summer program on the Cheltenham College campus by filling out the registration form (online). If there are vacant places, the admissions committee will inform candidates about enrollment, and upon their arrival on campus, they will conduct small tests. The test can be taken in one of two ways: online and traditional. It assesses a student's English language proficiency and includes three sections: writing, multiple choice, and oral dialogue. Testing lasts no longer than 90 minutes. After successful completion of the test, students are divided into classes according to their level of knowledge and age.
All students receive a certificate of attendance indicating the number of academic hours, as well as a personal report from their teacher detailing their progress. These documents confirm the student's hard work and his language level, will help to enter a school or college.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
All applicants must provide the admissions committee with personal data: passport, visa or residence permit, medical insurance and vaccination card. The Cheltenham Leadership course is available only to children with strong knowledge of English - from B2 to C2, and Cheltenham ACE - absolutely everyone: from A1 to C2.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Cheltenham College Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.