Description of Kendellhurst Academy
- Established: 1979
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Students age: 1.5-14 years.
- Number of students: 270 people
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: private preschool, school education
Kendellhurst Academy offers an advanced academic program, an intensive daily French language program, an all-round school experience. Pedagogy is built on a research model of education that encourages young students to hone their ability to think critically, to influence the world as a whole.
Kendellhurst offers in-depth study through two-month projects, exciting excursions through the curriculum. A dedicated professional team of teachers uses every day as an opportunity to educate the mind, character of the child.
The Kendellhurst Academy is located in a quaint residential area of Streetsville, Mississauga, near the River Credit.
From organic menus, yoga lessons to individual academic and authoring programs, the school offers an excellent environment for students to study. Kendellhurst Academy is a prep school designed to provide parents with an alternative to Montessori education and regular day care.
Kendellhurst Academy has three campuses with two Department of Education licensed preschools (Oakville, Mississauga / Streetsville) and an elementary school that received a Boarding School ID (BSID) from the Department of Education. Kendellhurst's staff are Qualified Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) members of the Ontario College of Education (OCT).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kendellhurst Academy
Activities Kendellhurst Academy
The Kendellhurst Academy offers ample opportunities to study art - it is vital for students so that they can develop comprehensively:
- The study of music begins in preschool with basic percussion - children learn guitar, piano, woodwind instruments.
- Fine arts are mastered in each class so that students develop their skills.
- Pupils study drama, participate in school concerts.
- Kendellhurst Academy Summer Camps run in July and August + one week each during Spring Break. The March holidays usually offer exciting skiing with studying camps on land.
- Kendellhurst Academy is based on a child-centered world view. Attention is directed to ensure that the child has the opportunity to use the imagination.
- Classes and school premises are organized in a productive, welcoming manner, stimulating the emotional, behavioral, social, physical growth of every child.
- The institution operates in small preschools, with four classrooms on each campus in Streetsville and Oakville, to create the unique feel of a small family environment.
- Kendellhurst Academy emphasizes the dynamic, caring, professional nature of teachers. The educational team has been carefully selected to convey the practical and philosophical aspects of Kendallhurst.
Facilities and equipment at Kendellhurst Academy
The school has 3 campuses:
- Streetsville Campus, Church Street - Elementary School
- Streetsville Campus, Queen Street South - Private School, Preschool
- Oakville Campus, Neyagawa Blvd., Oakville - Private School, Preschool.
The classrooms are designed to convey a sense of coziness and warmth, while at the same time creating a concise learning environment. The classroom colour and decor chosen have been strategically planned to stimulate positive emotional responses.
- Studio of arts and crafts.
- Touchscreen game console.
- Dramatic, creative studio.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration fee
- Morning supervision (from 7:30 to 8:45)
- Supervision after school (from 15:45 to 17:00 or from 15:45 to 18:00)
- Hot lunch of organic products with organic juice / milk
- Opportunity of having a snack in the morning, in the afternoon
- Full package with a discount (all inclusive)
- Appraisal fee.
Students entering grades 1 through 8 must enroll in an introductory assessment.
Timetable of classes:
- Classes start at 8:45 am and end at 3:45 pm.
- The clubs are opened from 16:00 to 16:30.
- The preschool program runs from 7:30 am to 8:45 am.
- After-school programs are available at an additional cost from 15:45 to 18:00.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
No formal English test scores are required, but a confidential report from your child's current teacher must be completed and emailed directly to the school registrar to complete the application.
Applicants take exams in English (reading, writing, listening), mathematics after the student arrives in Canada before the start of their studies.
- Although translators are not allowed during the examination period, students can ask the teacher for help.
- Children cannot use calculators during the math exam.
Students must have the minimum ability to read, to write, and to speak at the Ontario elementary school level - this will be determined by assessment and informal interview. Kendallhurst is flexible depending on the child's abilities and educational level.
For students entering a junior or senior kindergarten, an informal interview is conducted.
Kendellhurst students wear school uniforms, bought from Halpern, RJ McCarthy.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kendellhurst Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.