• Foundation: 1999
• Abbreviation: KU
• Status: private
• Location: Kampala, Uganda
• Age: from 17 years old
• Accommodation: residence
• Language of instruction: English.
Kampala University was opened in 1999 as a branch of the East African University of Kenya, and already in 2000 the university received a license from the National Council for Education of Uganda and became an independent educational unit. However, KU has not lost contact with the University of Kenya; they are working together on many projects.
Kampala University is one of the most popular universities in Uganda due to serious work to improve the quality of education. The university has a quality department that organizes events to improve the quality of education:
The University is engaged in the development by students of the skills necessary for study and work: the ability to analyze, think critically, find and use information.
Kampala University heads the university council, which is responsible for budget planning and distribution, monitors the development of the university, manages real estate, approves the staff, and solves all external problems.
KU keeps in touch with graduates and monitors their progress; many graduates return to pursue postgraduate studies.
Despite conducting research and the availability of academic disciplines in religious studies, the university is a secular educational institution.
• Information Technology
• Business and management
• Natural Sciences
• Social sciencies
• Beginning of the school year: February
• Language of instruction: English
• Age: 17+
• Duration of study: 3 years.
Students spend from $ 120 to pay for housing, and from $ 300 per month for food and travel.
The athletic life of Kampala University is eventful. The university's volleyball club plays at the national level and is considered the best youth volleyball team in the country. Football, netball and kickboxing teams also perform at a good level. The university is trying to maintain a high sports bar not only in the main campus, but also in the rest.
• Kampala University diploma paves the way for jobs at leading enterprises in industry and business across the continent
• Continuous monitoring of the quality of training
• Active student life
• A serious approach to the selection of teaching staff
• Education of the skills of a modern professional: the ability to analyze the situation, make independent decisions, work in a group, use digital methods in work
• Opportunity to receive a scholarship
• Low education fees.
The main city campus of KU Ggabe is half an hour from the business center of Kampala, on the shores of Lake Victoria. It houses the administrative building, 5 faculties and a cinematographic school, educational and computer classes, research laboratories, dormitories.
Kampala University cares about the health and safety of students, therefore, encourages students to settle in the campus residence so that they can be protected and receive timely assistance. This is especially true of foreign students: first-year students must be settled in the hostel for better adaptation.
The main campus library is equipped with a book fund, a periodical fund, and computers connected to the Internet to search for information.
The Mutundwe campus houses a nursing school. There are also campuses in Ginja, Luvero. The university pays special attention to the educational opportunities for students with disabilities, to their participation in the student life of the university.
The academic year is divided into trimesters, begins in February.
Kampala University, together with the Ugandan government, provides scholarships and grants for undergraduate and graduate students.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.