Home Language International Japan
Description of Home Language International Japan
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Founded: 1979
- Type of education: individual
- Type of accommodation: family (full board)
- Language of instruction: Japanese.
The language school Home Language International was founded in 1979: for more than 40 years, it has been offering linguistic programs for family living in 20 languages in more than 30 countries. Young people live, study in the teacher’s house, attend individual language lessons, eat with their family 3 times a day, continue to use the language throughout their stay, sharing the daily life of the family.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Home Language International Japan
Accommodation, meals, prices
HLI offers the following accommodation conditions:
- Hospitable family atmosphere, cozy house
- Single room, home made meals
- Incentive events.
All teachers of the school love teaching, are ready to share their knowledge, love of language, culture with others.
Host families range from traditional - with two adults, one or more children - to single parent families, young couples without children, couples of mature age, people who live alone.
Cost of living:
- Full board - 1120 $ / week.
- Half board - $ 1036 / week.
Activities Home Language International Japan
Program participants are offered the following excursions:
- Ueno Park
- Tokyo National Museum
- Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Science
- Ueno Zoo
- Imperial Palace Oriental Gardens
- Meiji Temple and Yoyogi Park
- Sensoji Temple (oldest Buddhist temple)
- Government building
- Tokyo Metro
- Shopping in the areas of Shibuya or Shinjuku.
- Home Language International offers accommodation in a teacher’s family, individual language lessons are the fastest, most natural way to learn Japanese or any other language. As the only student, the student will only speak the language he is learning.
- One of the great advantages of the language program is living in the teacher’s house, so the training does not end at the end of the lesson. A full immersion program helps you learn not only in the classroom, but also in practice with meals, classes or family activities.
- All teachers have higher education, teaching experience of at least 2 years and / or pedagogical qualifications (Tefl, Tesol, Celta, PGCE).
Admission dates and extra charges
The advantage of family living and individual education allows you to choose dates (from Sunday to Sunday) at any time of the year for the desired duration (at least one week).
Homestay varies from 1 to 2-3 weeks, includes from 10 to 25 hours of individual lessons with or without events. Some teachers accept students all year round, others only during school holidays.
- Preparation for the exam - $ 130 / week.
- Study of business and specialized vocabulary - 130 $ / week.
- Teacher training course - 130 $ / week.
- Additional supervision - $ 150 / week.
- Special diet - $ 150 / week.
- Special needs - $ 150 / week.
- Accommodation on holidays (Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving) - $ 150 / week.
- Private bathroom - $ 190 / week.
- VIP accommodation - $ 400 / week.
- Accommodation 5 * - double prices.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The school teaches students of all levels from beginners to advanced, welcomes students of all ages.
Scholarships Home Language International Japan
HLI offers various discounts: for an accompanying person, for long stays, and much more.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Home Language International Japan
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.