International School Zurich North (ISZN)
Description of International School Zurich North (ISZN)
- Established: 1999
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Students age: 3 to 18 years old
- Number of students: 200
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: full time, half board.
International School Zurich North (ISZN) is an international school that has been operating in the Swiss city - Zurich since 1999. The emergence of the school was due to the growing multinational community in the city. On the opening day there were only 17 students and 5 teachers, and today the number of students has grown to 200 people, and the staff to 50 employees. Students from over 35 nationalities come to ISZN every year.
ISZN is a full-cycle school, that is, here foreign and local children or adolescents can receive a full secondary education from the pre-school level. The primary school curriculum is based on IB Primary Years (PYP). Middle classes continue to be based on the PYP concept, and Cambridge IGCSE and Edexcel International A-Level courses are offered to prepare high school students.
The ISZN school calls its mission to contribute to the development of the modern world by educating and expanding opportunities for capable young people who understand their own potential and are not tired of offering ideas, acting and achieving.
International School - Zurich North is part of the Cognita international educational network, which includes more than 70 schools in Europe, Asia and Latin America. It has been operating since 2004 and during this time it has trained and graduated more than 50 thousand people.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International School Zurich North (ISZN)
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school offers full-time instruction, so half-board meals are available for students in the dining room of the ISZN campus - that is, breakfast, lunch and snack depending on the length of stay.
Activities International School Zurich North (ISZN)
In addition to a well-thought-out academic program according to age, ISZN students can participate in various clubs and sections on interests related to sports or creativity (CCA):
- Graphic design
- Forensic Club
Every year, children participate in international projects organized by Cognita on the basis of their institutions in other countries - for example, World Environment Day, creating illustrations for the published storybook on the initiative “History around the world” and other events.
During the school year, children are encouraged to get new interesting experiences not only in the classroom, but also on exciting trips. The program of trips is developed taking into account the age of students:
- First graders participate in the annual “Camp Week”, where they learn about the environment, different cultures and gain useful life skills.
- High school students are offered trips to popular cities in different countries: Malta, Barcelona, Berlin, Rome, Madrid, Amsterdam.
There are also regular tours of Zurich and its environs, which include visits to museums, zoos, exhibitions, medieval castles and various cultural events.
Facilities and equipment at International School Zurich North (ISZN)
The area of the ISZN school is a short drive from the center of Zurich. The school has two campuses, where up to 200 children and adolescents can be simultaneously: these are two modern buildings with bright classrooms, equipped with the necessary equipment and other amenities for learning. On campus there are modern IT laboratories, Maker Space, home lounges, the Wallisellen public hall, dining rooms, and a pool.
Admission dates and extra charges
The course price includes:
- Participation in sections and clubs
- Excursion program.
- Registration fee for first child - 3000CHF
- Registration fee for the second child from the family - 1000CHF
- Extended day - from 10CHF / hour
- Additional English (EAL) - from 1500CHF / semester.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The process of entering ISZN for foreign students and local citizens is quite simple and includes several steps:
- Make an inquiry through the admissions office of the school
- Attending school is the best way to understand what awaits students at this institution.
- Book your place. To do this, fill out an application through the school website and prepare documents
- A potential student takes part in a 6-week probationary period, where he can assess whether the institution's programs are suitable.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about International School Zurich North (ISZN)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.