Altdorf International School Switzerland
Description of Altdorf International School Switzerland
- Year of foundation International School Altdorf: 2016
- Location: Altdorf, Canton Uri, Switzerland
- Age of students: 13-19years
- Type of education: Private co-educational day and boarding school
- Number of students: 100
- Programs: Secondary, IGCSE, MYP, IBDP
- Accommodation: Boarding school on campus
- Tuition fees: Day school starting from 25000CHF/Year, Full boarding school starting from 45000CHF/Year
- Ranking: One of the highest top ranking IB schools in Switzerland and among top 100 in the world.
- Languages of instruction: English
- Foreign languages: English, Chinese, German, French, Spanish
Situated in the central part of Switzerland in the canton of Uri, International School Altdorf welcomes international students from all over the world. With nature just around the corner, our school is surrounded by the stunning Swiss Alps and the beautiful Lake Lucerne. Our school strives to provide excellence in education and believe that collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking are essential to successfully navigate in a fast-changing world.
Our school offers the internationally recognized IGCSE, IBDP and University Preparation programs as well as a summer program and classes to prepare for IELTS, TOEFL and SAT exams that our students can take at the certified test centre on our campus. International School Altdorf is also pleased to offer scholarships to highly capable students who meet strict academic requirements and demonstrate their future potential. Please note that this is a highly competitive and limited scholarship opportunity.
With a strong focus on academics, our students also participate in the European Physics Olympiads and the World Olympic Mathematic Competition. Through outside collaborations with pharmaceutical companies and attending UNWTO meetings, our students also get the chance to apply their academic experience outside of the classrooms.
At International School Altdorf our experienced and dedicated team of teachers accompany and guide our students on their journey to make the most of both their educational achievements as well as on a personal development level. With the assistance of our professional university guidance counsellors, most of our students are accepted to top 30 universities worldwide upon graduation.
- Cambridge curriculum
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- Foundation Program for University preparation
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Altdorf International School Switzerland
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school offers full-time education and boarding (from the age of 13, including flexible). Most students choose to stay at the boarding house: comfortable conditions, support of senior staff and a company of new friends help to overcome homesickness, quickly join a new atmosphere, become independent.
Students live in 2-3-bed rooms with a private bathroom. Three meals a day are offered every day (including weekends), it is possible to order a diet menu if necessary.
Activities Altdorf International School Switzerland
Extracurricular activities are an important part of our student’s education and personal development and we encourage students to actively participate and challenge themselves outside of the classroom. The school has it´s own animal shelter, which is entirely maintained by our own students. We´ve got many clubs to choose from and to name a few dance science and technology, debate, cooking classes, poetry, business, newsletter and astronomy.
With a strong focus on academics, our students also participate in the European Physics Olympiads and the World Olympic Mathematics Competition. Through outside collaborations with pharmaceutical companies and attending UNWTO meetings, our students also get the chance to apply their academic experience outside of the classrooms. The school offers sports on campus; Basket ball, Tennis, Volleyball, Football, Swimming, Badminton and Table Tennis. Excursions and events are held several times per year both in Switzerland and abroad.
- One of the best schools in Switzerland according to the IB performance rating, is included in the TOP-100 IB schools in the world
- Own IELTS, TOEFL and SAT testing centers with the necessary accreditation and certification
- Opportunities for practical work with professionals in their fields through cooperation with pharmaceutical companies, meetings of UNWTO (World Tourism Organization)
- IB accreditation, Cambridge International School, IELTS certification teams from TOEFL
- Students successfully perform at European Olympiads in physics, at the World Olympiad in Mathematics.
Facilities and equipment at Altdorf International School Switzerland
The campus of the International School Altdorf is located in central Switzerland, surrounded by the Swiss Alps and Lake Lucerne. The road to major cities - Zug, Lucerne - will take about the receiving, you can get to the international airport of Zurich in an hour.
All the necessary infrastructure for education, recreation, sports and hobbies is organized right on campus:
- Football field
- Basketball courts
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- Beach volleyball court
- Library with zones for self-preparation, homework.
Scholarships Altdorf International School Switzerland
International School Altdorf offers scholarships to academically successful students who demonstrate bright, outstanding potential.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Altdorf International School Switzerland
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.