Copperfield International School Verbier
Description of Copperfield International School Verbier
- Location: Verbier, Switzerland.
- Language of instruction: main – English,
- Students age: 3-18 years.
Copperfield International School Verbier is the only IB school in the world that has direct access to the best ski slopes in the Alps. This is a unique opportunity to develop a child both academically and physically, to educate an educated athlete with a strong spirit, perseverance, and hard work.
The history of the school began in 2020 in London – yes, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic! In October 2020, the school had already moved to the Swiss Alps (thanks to British investor John Porter). In January 2021, the school had already opened its doors to the first 30 students, and 18 months later it increased its teaching staff from 12 to 28 teachers, and doubled the student staff.
Education here is completely focused on children - their hobbies, ambitions, well-being.
The main language of instruction is English, French is offered as an element of the curriculum, you can additionally study Spanish or German.
If necessary, students can take advantage of a wide range of individual academic support and assistance services: classes in specific subjects, language learning, psychological assistance, pre-university consultations, personal coaching. Please note: such classes can be held for an additional fee (the amounts are always agreed with the parents).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Copperfield International School Verbier
Accommodation, meals, prices
For students of Copperfield International School, Verbier 7-13 years old offers a cozy and comfortable boarding house that will provide them with everything they need during their studies. In the evenings, interesting events are organized here - a warm, friendly, cheerful atmosphere helps children not to miss home. You can cook dinner together, help each other with lessons or come to the teacher for a personal lesson, take a walk in the mountains, play sports.
Activities Copperfield International School Verbier
The school has organized many communities and clubs of interest: skiers, runners, extreme sports, mountain biking, gourmet cooks who are passionate about art and much more! Students represent more than 35 different countries, so they will share their hobbies, cultural characteristics, and national traditions with new classmates.
The main feature of the school is that all students professionally master skiing. In winter, students devote 9 hours to alpine skiing weekly under the guidance of experienced coaches. The program is curated by Fitzroy Madsen from Ecole Suisse de Ski (he also coaches the Argentina national team and has developed a special Olympic course for juniors).
Key facts about Copperfield International School Verbier:
- 25 teachers (in total they have 53 academic degrees, 20 have a master's degree, 5 have a doctoral degree; 211 years of experience!),
- 27 different nationalities are represented by students, 13 are employees,
- The ratio of students to teachers is 3: 1, one of the best European and world indicators,
- Classes of up to 10 students,
- Boys and girls study equally, 50/50,
- The average score of those taking IGCSE exams is 8.5,
- Individual lessons in music, sports, psychological well-being, tutoring in academic subjects,
- The ability to choose between the international program (IB) and the national British (Cambridge University curriculums),
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Partner – Students will be able to compete for the Duke of Edinburgh Award,
- Examination Centre of the Associated Council of the Royal Schools of Music.
Admission dates and extra charges
The tuition fee already includes:
- The course (Monday to Friday),
- Books, manuals, materials for study,
- Lunches and snacks,
- Uniforms for education,
- Extracurricular program, including the cost of trips and excursions,
- If necessary, transfer to the venues of events or sports education,
- Exam fees,
- Use of all school infrastructure and equipment,
- Alpine skiing lessons during the week,
- For students at the boarding house, the price also includes:
- Accommodation on campus (full board, 7 days a week) and meals,
- Weekend activities, on-campus entertainment,
- Bed linen and towels,
- Services of a supervisor and educators in the Houses,
- Utilities and Swiss resident permit.
- School uniforms,
- Additional individual lessons, personal academic support if necessary,
- Music and vocal lessons (individual),
- Ski passes,
- Alpine skiing on weekends,
- Skiing equipment, equipment and clothing (rent/purchase),
- Group trips around Europe (at the request and initiative of students),
- Stay on campus (in a boarding house) during the holidays,
- Life and health insurance,
- Travel insurance,
- Doctor's services (if necessary),
- Airport transfer, escort of a minor,
- Pocket money,
- Courier delivery of documents,
- Visa expenses,
Admission to Copperfield International School Verbier is conducted all year round, subject to availability, the bulk of applications are accepted until April 1.
Students from other schools and countries can participate in seasonal winter education by transferring on an exchange basis from the current school to Copperfield for a while.
All applicants and their families are advised to come to campus for a trial visit or at least take an online tour with a representative of the admissions committee (takes 1 hour). Offline, you can personally meet with teachers, heads of departments, the director, see the infrastructure and opportunities.
If the decision is made, the enrollment process begins with filling out the registration form (online).
Scholarships Copperfield International School Verbier
The school is ready to offer a 15% discount for each child whose brother / sister is already studying at Copperfield.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Copperfield International School Verbier
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.