ICS Milan International School
Description of ICS Milan International School
- Location: Milan, Italy,
- Number of students: about 950,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
ICS Milan International School is an international school that offers programs for children from one year to 18 years old. Despite the location of the institution in Italy, all courses are taught in English.
Students gain competitive knowledge and experience through internationally recognized programs: the Early Years Foundation Stage for the youngest, the IPC and Cambridge Mathematics and English programs for primary grades, the Middle Year Programme for secondary school students and the IBDP (International Baccalaureate Program) for high school students.
The institution is a member of Europe's leading IB group of schools and has four affiliated schools located in the UK, France and Italy. Originally opened in Milan, ICS Milan International School later acquired four campuses, each of which is designed to educate children depending on age.
The student staff of the university has more than 950 students, most of whom are representatives of Italy, about 50 students are foreigners.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in ICS Milan International School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school has no residential buildings.
Students receive daily lunches and afternoon snacks prepared with fresh ingredients on a balanced, healthy menu. Meals are included in the price of the programs.
Activities ICS Milan International School
The ICS infrastructure allows students not only to gain competitive knowledge, but also to develop physical, creative and social abilities. The campus provides specialized laboratories:
- Learning languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Spanish and Italian,
- Circles: journalism, cooking, arts and crafts,
- In-depth study of subjects: mathematics, computer technology,
- Performing Arts Sections: Drama, Dance,
- Sports: yoga, capoeira, judo, fitness and athletics, football, tennis, swimming and other water sports,
- Music: choir, orchestra, playing musical instruments.
During the academic year, collective events are regularly held on the ICS territories: from literary evenings and intellectual games to festive concerts and scientific seminars.
- Recognition by the Italian Ministry of Education as Scuola Paritaria and Parificata,
- Authorized Institution for Teaching International Baccalaureate Programs: Middle and High School,
- School uniforms with distinctive signs,
- After-school childcare services,
- Qualified teachers, most of whom have doctoral degrees,
- The average number of students per class is 20 people, with each teacher having an assistant teacher.
Facilities and equipment at ICS Milan International School
The International School of Milan has four city campuses.
- ICS Symbiosis: Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Schools
On this educational area of 10,000 sq.m. Premises have been prepared for teaching children from 4 to 18 years old. This is the only campus for adult schoolchildren, so it is the largest and most technologically advanced: classrooms with interactive technologies, an indoor gym and a semi-Olympic 25-meter swimming pool, outdoor areas for games and much more.
- ICS Colletta: Nursery & Kindergarten
The campus accepts children from one to five years old and has a comfortable territory adapted for young researchers. With an area of 1600 square meters, the campus includes a large swimming pool, two separate playgrounds, innovative laboratories for exciting research, spacious classrooms with a variety of materials to get a positive experience from classes.
- ICS Tenca: Kindergarten, Primary School
Large and bright classrooms, a closed and safe courtyard for games, a warm pool at any time of the year - all this is located almost in the center of Milan.
- ICS Milano2: Preschool Department
The newest campus, planning the first intake of students from September 2024. Classes for preschoolers based on the bilingual British program are planned here.
The institution provides its pupils with transfers for safe and comfortable movement between campuses and to their place of residence.
Admission dates and extra charges
The education begins in early September and continues until the end of June. During the school year, weekends are organized: Saturdays and Sundays, in honor of national, international holidays. Holidays are provided every season.
The weekly schedule includes five school days: Monday-Friday. Classes are held in the morning, and in the second half of the day the staff organizes activities and excursions.
An approximate list of additional costs:
- Registration fee: upon admission and annually,
- Educational trips,
- Artistic performances and events,
- School uniforms and teaching materials,
- Individual digital device, starting from the second class,
- Annual school transfer fee,
- Personal expenses.
The registration process includes several stages:
- Filling out an online application form for the admissions office to clarify the available places in the class, admission conditions,
- Upon receipt of a positive response - filling out an application and providing documents, paying the registration fee,
- Visiting the campus for interviews and entrance tests,
- Filling out the latest forms for assignment to classes, applications for additional services, such as language support,
- The beginning of education.
The IB Diploma earned by high school students upon graduation provides graduates with the opportunity to gain admission to top universities around the world.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
There are no special requirements for admission to the preschool department for students from one to five years old. If the student has already studied in kindergarten and has educational documents, reports or letters of recommendation, the staff will definitely consider them. From a linguistic point of view, there are no criteria for admission, since the level of knowledge will be checked at the interview, but will not radically affect enrollment.
Prospective students in elementary, middle and high school should provide:
- The last two school reports,
- CAT4 testing, aimed at identifying mental abilities,
- Certificate confirming the level of knowledge of the English language, if any.
Each foreign candidate must have personal documents: passport, health insurance, visa or residence permit for long-term study in Italy. All documents must be translated into English and certified.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about ICS Milan International School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.