- Programs for admission to universities in Canada - types and features
- How to enter the universities of England - the process of admission, the features of education
- Tuition fees for foreign students in Canadian universities
Canada - one of the countries, whose educational system occupies a worthy place in the TOP-3 (before it only the US and Switzerland). Annually more than 100,000 foreign students come here to study. And the most popular question for visiting citizens is how to enter the universities of Canada. This is not surprising, because the Canadian higher school offers its students a quality educational services, and the corresponding diploma is highly quoted in institutions around the world. Universities and colleges use only modern technologies, lessons are accompanied by multimedia presentations, and on the territory of any educational institution, wireless Internet is always available. Studying in Canada can be a great way for a foreign student to build a successful career. In addition, there are 2 official languages (English and French), and you can get education on any of them.
Programs for admission to universities in Canada - types and features
Many Canadian educational institutions - schools, colleges, universities - have the status of international, therefore they provide enough opportunities for the enrollment of foreign students. At the same time, everyone knows that it is practically impossible to enter universities abroad without prior preparation, because the European approach to education differs significantly from the domestic one. Therefore, foreign students are assisted by pre-university educational programs of various types:
- University Foundation Program. It is a Canadian analogue of the British Foundation program. Since the main requirements for admission are the age of 17 years and the availability of secondary education, this course can be chosen by the guys only after the 11th grade. The duration of the program is one academic year - classes start in January and take place until September. The course implies the improvement of the English language and knowledge of academic subjects to the required level
- International Foundation Program (IEP). This is a version of the previous program, which is actively used in one of the leading universities in the country - the University of Toronto. The main advantage of educational programs in higher education: they significantly increase the chances of students successfully pass a competition for a place in this same institution. On the IEP course, students from different countries study English in an intensive way, as well as academic disciplines required for admission. In addition, the entrant will have the opportunity to immerse himself in the student atmosphere of one of the best universities in the country
- English Academic Pathway Program (EAP). This educational program is organized for foreign students by the network of language colleges SEC (Study English in Canada). Institutions of this type have partnerships with educational institutions of various levels throughout Canada. Within the framework of the EAP program, foreign students can come to study without going through the generally accepted international tests for checking the language level - it's about TOEFL or IELTS. Also, thanks to the registration in the English Academic Pathway Program, students can receive conditional admission to one of the 13 colleges or high schools of the ear while studying on the course. Students can enroll in the program after the 10th or 11th grade
- International Language Academy of Canada. Another program for admission to universities in Canada is offered by the International Linguistic Academy or ILAC. As a prerelease program, the Pre-Degree Certificate is offered, giving all the necessary knowledge for successful enrollment to the stage of the Balacavariat. The Pre-Degree Certificate is designed to help students improve their English level and prepare for introductory tests at leading Canadian colleges and universities. This course of the International Academy also gives students the opportunity to enter a higher school without taking additional exams and language tests
- High School Year. The course is suitable for those who have not finished school, that is, for students of the 9th, 10th or 11th grades. On the program, students will study up to the detainment of subjects, 3 of which are associated with academic English, and the rest - cover the general education program of the senior classes. After completion of the program, foreign students receive a Canadian secondary school certificate and can enter Canada's higher school along with local students
- NAPS Pre-Masters academic Pathway program. In addition to education foreign students for entering the first stage of higher education, SEC centers have a course for preparing students for a master's degree or postgraduate programs. Here the education lasts for a minimum of 12 weeks and is organized on the basis of the language schools of SEC Toronto and SEC Vancouver.
How to enter the universities of England - the process of admission, the features of education
The very scheme of admission to universities in Canada depends largely on the province in which the institution is located. The same applies to the requirements for the entrant and the necessary documentation.
In general, the minimum conditions and package of documents for foreign students look like this:
- age not less than 18 years
- application for education
- the presence of a certificate of secondary education with a high average score
- Excellent grades in profile subjects of the chosen specialty
- the level of English knowledge is above average (confirmed by the results of TOEFL, IELTS or CAE tests)
- students of the French-language program take the French language test DALF
- motivational essay student
- a bank statement confirming the possibility to pay at least one academic year.
Also, admission commissions of some universities may ask the candidate to provide additional evidence of advantage over other students (for example, the recommendations of teachers from the previous place of study). Or they will want to conduct an interview in order to better know the applicant. For creative directions, a portfolio may also be required.
As for the deadline for the application, most of the public and private universities in Canada are enrolling students 3 times a year. The study can begin not only in September, but also in January. However, it is better to begin processing the necessary documents at least 12 months before the expected start of education. In addition, we recommend that you apply not to one university, but to several, in order to increase the probability of admission.
Tuition fees for foreign students in Canadian universities
The price of obtaining higher education in Canadian institutions is considered not the highest among the EU countries. At the same time, compliance with high educational standards remains at the level. In many respects the cost of education is influenced by the chosen locality: studies in large cities, such as Montreal, Vancouver or Toronto, will cost more than in provincial ones.
On average, the range of annual tuition in Canada's high school varies from 10,000 CAD $ to 20,000 CAD $ per bachelor's program. At the most prestigious institutions prices are even higher - from 24,000 CAD $ to 40,000 CAD $. However, let's not forget that foreign students can always offer more budgetary education to colleges: here the amount for the same period is within 10,000 CAD $.
In addition, those wishing to obtain higher education in Canada will need another 10,000 CAD $ - 13,000 CAD $ for household expenses: accommodation (in a hostel or a rented room), food, transportation, educational materials, medical insurance. A separate item of expenditure will also be the issuance of a visa and the purchase of air tickets to the country of study and back.
At the same time in Canada for students there are many benefits, from transport to catering establishments. In addition, universities and colleges in Canada offer an excellent scholarship program for local and foreign students, as well as ample opportunities to receive an educational grant. Totally, these factors help to save a lot on studying.