Description of Hochschule Anhalt
- Established: 1991
- Location: Keten, Bernburg, Dessau, Germany
- Type: state
- Number of students: 7000
- Language of instruction: German.
Anhalt University consists of three residences in Kethen, Bernburg and Dessau. The concept of the university is a combination of science and innovation. The university has created all the conditions for the successful practical work of students, thanks to which development and technology are used by other educational institutions of the country.
The curriculum is designed so that the theory is harmoniously combined with practice. One of the main goals of the university is not just teaching students, but also preparing them for further employment.
The university is not like other educational institutions: they do not monitor students' attendance - it is believed that they are focused on the result and understand the significance of all subjects. At the same time, exams and tests are quite complicated, and a student who misses a lot of classes, they can not afford.
The training program involves secondary and main subjects, the study of which ends with the delivery of design work. Foreign students are advised to pay special attention to language learning: a basic course will not be enough, it is necessary to focus on special and professional German vocabulary.
At Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, students study in the following faculties:
- Computer science
- Electrical, electronic and industrial engineering and mechanical engineering
- Biotechnology and technical design
- Agriculture, ecotrophology and landscape design
- Architecture, geoinformation and facility management
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Hochschule Anhalt
- The university is world famous
- Graduates are in demand on the world labor market
- Free training programs
- Some specialties have extramural studies
- On the territory of the university there is a college in which foreign students are preparing to enter higher educational institutions in Germany
- Successful students - including foreign ones - can apply for scholarships and grants.
Facilities and equipment at Hochschule Anhalt
The university is located in a building of historical value, its facade is decorated with two types of old brick.
All three buildings of the University of Applied Sciences are equipped with everything necessary for the successful educational activities of students: laboratories, scientific and research centers, computer equipment, conference rooms. For leisure, sports fields, greenhouses, cafeterias are organized.
A university printing house operates in the building of the city of Dessau, thanks to which the works of students and teachers of the university are printed.
For students, master classes, conferences, trips, excursions, concerts and other events are held.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Requirements for admission to the University of Anhalt depend on the chosen specialty. So, when enrolling in an art specialty, an applicant will have to confirm the presence of artistic skills, and some humanitarian specialties require an oral exam. The general requirements include:
- Certificate in the original language and, if it is a foreign applicant, a certified translation
- Certificate of sufficient knowledge for admission (Studiencolleg)
- Certificate of language proficiency.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Hochschule Anhalt
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.