École des hautes études commerciales de Paris — Graduate School of Commerce and Management in Paris
Description of École des hautes études commerciales de Paris — Graduate School of Commerce and Management in Paris
- Location: Paris, France
- Year of foundation: 1881
- Language of instruction: English, French
- Type of training: mixed.
HEC School of Management was founded in 1881 as an elite school for future entrepreneurs and businessmen. At the moment, the institution has retained its main profile - the study of the rules of management and social sciences. One of the leading "links" of pride of the Graduate School of Management is the MBA, which gives a master's degree in business administration upon graduation.
Thanks to multiple partnerships with the world's leading universities, HEC has a huge range of joint programs and scientific practices in the field of business management.
HEC occupies a leading position in the world rankings of universities as the best business school according to the Financial Times 2016 and Global Executives 2017.
The university is very selective in the admission of applicants. The flow of students of one direction has about 200 full-time students and about 40 more - part-time students. Disciplines are taught by full-time professors - more than 150 people, they are helped by invited specialists of high qualifications - annually from 65 people.
HEC can boast of demand among foreign students: according to some reports, their number exceeds the native French.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in École des hautes études commerciales de Paris — Graduate School of Commerce and Management in Paris
Accommodation, meals, prices
A dormitory has been prepared for students near the main HEC building. In dormitories-residences annually live 2000 students in 1800 rooms: most of the rooms are single. The cost of living per person will be from 550 to 1090€ per month, depending on the room: single, apartment or apartment.
In addition to single rooms, the university has 24 rooms for couples.
Activities École des hautes études commerciales de Paris — Graduate School of Commerce and Management in Paris
Types of classes of HEC students after hours:
- Sports and competitions: gyms, team games, aerobics, martial arts, etc. Each team sport has its own coach and team representing the university at competitions. HEC is also famous for its annual horse show.
- Additional training in interactive zones: at the disposal of students a wide variety of training centers, library, lectures
- Creative workshops, music halls, group conference halls
- More than 100 clubs of interest.
Facilities and equipment at École des hautes études commerciales de Paris — Graduate School of Commerce and Management in Paris
The university is located on the Paris-Sakle plateau next to one of the world's largest centers of scientific and educational technologies. The 340-acre forest campus is close to Paris and Versailles and a short drive from La Défense, Europe's largest business district, home to the headquarters of many multinational companies.
In the main building there are:
- Leisure facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Lecture hall for 250 people
- Library (more than 60 000 books).
On the territory of the university are equipped with:
- Sports areas, gyms: indoor climbing wall, martial arts rooms, open fields for team games, tennis courts, etc.
- Self-service restaurants and eateries
- printing house
- Language Resource Center
- Center for Contemporary Art
- Multimedia center.
Services for students:
- Unlimited WiFi
- Personal mail and calendar notebook account
- myHEC mobile app
- Print from a laptop or smartphone to an MFP
- A range of free operating software
- Two IT support and service offices
- Free access to IT equipment on campus.
Admission dates and extra charges
Additional monthly expenses will include:
- Accommodation and meals
- Transport (trains/rental cars or bicycles/public transport)
- Mobile communication, Internet off campus
- Sports and recreation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to HEC, the applicant will need:
- Bachelor's degree translated into French
- Excellent knowledge of English, confirmed by TOEFL certificate (from 100 points) or IELTS (from 7.0 points)
- GMAT or GRE entrance exams not lower than 60-65% of 100%
- 2 letters of recommendation from teachers/employers
- Motivation letter
- Professional resume
- Professional experience in commerce from 2 to 10 years
- Less than 30 years old
- Non-refundable registration fee = 200€
- Service fee = about 1600€
- Administrative fee = 800€.
Applications for admission for the next academic year are accepted from September 5 to January 4 on the official website of the university. For consideration of the application and the package of documents, the admission committee charges 50-150€.
To enter the summer school, you will need a fee of 50 € and a list of documents:
- Online application and personal application
- Certificates of Knowledge of English
- Paid registration fee.
Scholarships École des hautes études commerciales de Paris — Graduate School of Commerce and Management in Paris
Financial support from HEC University and its partners:
- More than 1000 scholarships annually for students of Grande Ecole, MBA, PhD programs
- Investing in the initial stages of student business ideas
- Financial assistance to students with financial difficulties
- Scholarships successful in training
- Scholarships on social criteria
- L'Oreal Scholarship Programme for Innovative Leadership Ideas = €9,000.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about École des hautes études commerciales de Paris — Graduate School of Commerce and Management in Paris
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.