* Hannam University
Description of Hannam University
- Established: 1946
- Location: Daejeon, South Korea
- Number of students: 12,000
- Language of instruction: Korean, English
- Type: private.
Hannam University was founded in 1956 by missionaries from the United States Presbyterian Church. The university has a special Christian atmosphere; close attention is paid to truth, freedom and ministry. The motto is "Adoration of the sky and love of humanity."
Over the years, the university has managed to gain credibility in the international arena, gain the support of the Ministry of Education and Art of South Korea.
The main goal of Hannam University is to educate competent leaders who will serve the nation and the church, observing Christian principles. Students are required to follow a rigorous curriculum to gain quality knowledge and professional skills. The university offers a wide range of programs for gaining knowledge through the Christian spirit of truth, freedom and ministry.
All students whose Korean language level is lower than required, are invited to short-term or one-year Korean language courses, thanks to which they have the opportunity to improve language performance, get acquainted with the history and culture of Korea.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Hannam University
Accommodation, meals, prices
All students are given a place in the hostel, the main accommodation option is a four-bed room. All units are equipped with furniture, appliances, air conditioning, sanitary facilities. The cost of living in a quadruple room is $ 630 per semester.
- The upbringing of not just professionals, but full-fledged, highly moral personalities responsible for the future of the country and the church
- A large staff of qualified teachers
- Possibility of a scholarship funded by the Ministry of Education and Arts of South Korea
- All students are offered quality medical care.
- Graduates in demand in the global labor market
- Regular work on updating curricula in accordance with the requirements of modern society
- Participation in international student and teacher exchange programs.
Facilities and equipment at Hannam University
The university managed to become a real educational network: 5 countries have 5 graduate schools, 9 colleges and 44 faculties, 10 auxiliary organizations, 33 research institutes and 234 foreign related institutions.
All structures are equipped and provided with the necessary resources. The material and technical base is regularly updated thanks to the financial assistance of the Ministry of Education and Arts of South Korea.
Admission dates and extra charges
Admission to most master's specialties is carried out year-round. Autumn semester begins in September-October, spring semester - in March.
An additional registration fee for filing documents is paid - 15 000 KRW.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Hannam University , an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with certified translation
- Copies of identity documents of the applicant and parents or legal representatives
- Motivation letter
- Confirmation of sufficient amount of finance to pay for education
- Certificate of registration of a foreigner in Korea
- Registration fee payment receipt
- The original certificate of delivery TOPIC not lower than level 2.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Hannam University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.