Thornton Academy State Maine private school
Description of Thornton Academy State Maine private school
- Year of foundation: 1811
- Location: Sako, Maine, USA
- Age of students: 13+
- Number of students: 1500
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodtiion: residence
- Language learning: English.
In the oldest private school in the United States, students are awaited by high-quality education using the most effective educational methods: they honor traditions and have a wealth of teaching experience.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Thornton Academy State Maine private school
Accommodation, meals, prices
The main type of accommodation - the residence for boys and girls which are located on campus. Students live in spacious rooms for 1-2 people with all the amenities.
Activities Thornton Academy State Maine private school
- Cross country
- Club of Ecologists
- Math Circle
- Club information technology
- Club philanthropists and more.
- Innovative pre-university programs
- Extensive academic opportunities: the school teaches 7 languages, 140 curricula are developed, and there are courses with a focus on creative development - strong programs in music, dance, visual arts, and theater skills.
- 9 subjects can be studied on the AP program
- STEM- program allows you to enter immediately on the 2nd year of engineering college
- Partnerships with dozens of state companies
- Collaboration with the College of Engineering and other universities in Maine
- Rich library
- Unique four-year dance program
- 10% of students are foreign students
- Good technical equipment - for example, high school students are given tablets
- Individual support of high school students in preparation for the university.
Facilities and equipment at Thornton Academy State Maine private school
- Computer classrooms
- Theatre studio
- Educational centers
- School Residences
- Dining rooms
- Art school
- Sports courts and grounds
- Engineering Center
- Pool and more.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition and living costs per year: from $ 48,000 per year.
- Medical insurance: 1800 $
- Deposit: 3000 $.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Thornton Academy State Maine private school
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.