GBS Language School – English Path Canary Wharf, London
Description of GBS Language School – English Path Canary Wharf, London
- Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK
- Language of instruction: English
- Age range in GBS: 18+ years
- Age range in EP: 30+ years
- Number of students – more than 1000
- Type of education: mixed.
Global Banking School (GBS) and English Path Language Schools (EP) operate on the same campus in East London, providing undergraduate and graduate programs, language courses.
GBS is a prestigious institution with more than 10,000 students on eight campuses. According to data for 2021, more than 93% of graduates are satisfied with the quality of education gained by student experience.
EP is an English language learning center that provides its students with courses for different levels of knowledge: from beginners to advanced. On the Canary Wharf campus, classes are only available to students over the age of 30. In addition to language certificates, students can rely on EPs for accommodation, transfer and leisure – the schedule includes a variety of activities, excursions, tours.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in GBS Language School – English Path Canary Wharf, London
Accommodation, meals, prices
The EP provides students with four accommodation options.
The cost of living in a host family consists of the distance of the house from the educational campus, the number of neighbors and the season. For example, Superior and Standard are located in 20-45 minutes, but there is also Standard in 30-45 minutes drive to study. Both single and double rooms are offered in all locations.
Weekly accommodation will cost:
- Rent, breakfast – 165-250£
- Half board – 205-300£
- Self-service – 175-275£.
Renting part of the house is also available only to 18-year-old students and older. It implies the freedom to choose neighbors, location in relation to the campus. Accommodation options with prices per week:
- Alone – £250
- Single room with private bathroom – 275£
- For two – £210
- Double room with private bathroom – 230£.
Renting a room from local residents not only allows students to feel independent and free, but also implies the practice of English in communicating with native speakers. When renting a room, the following options are available with a price per week:
- Single – 225£
- Double – 245£
- Room with private bathroom – 275£
- Common room – 205£.
Living in a host family, renting an apartment or part of the house, you will additionally need to pay:
- Private bathroom – 35£
- Accommodation in July-August – £ 20, from December 25 to January 1 – £ 30 to the total.
Host families, the two types of rentals are only available to students over 18 years of age.
Residences are provided on the basis of EP partnerships with local residential organizations. In each building there are studio apartments with a price per week:
- Aldgate – 445-455£
- Greenwich – 370£
- McMillan – 280£.
Aldgate and McMillan only accommodate adult students. The minimum stay in the residences is four weeks.
Some services in residential buildings:
- Round-the-clock work of the reception
- Parking, bicycle storage
- Recreation areas, self-study with TV
- Secure input-output system
- Dining areas, shared kitchens
Activities GBS Language School – English Path Canary Wharf, London
EP offers students a master class, which includes 12 seminars, lectures, several public speeches on the topic of writing a resume, communication.
Some programs involve classes only during certain hours, which gives the student the opportunity to travel around London, explore the sights.
Activities organized by the EP include visits to many famous places in London, which will also be free for students. To explore the city, trips to the London Eye, the London Dungeon (Tower), the Tate Modern, the British Museum, the Royal Museums of Greenwich and much more are organized.
- EP courses take place in small classes of up to 8 people
- Multiple accommodation options
- Technological campus with the latest equipment
- The campus is located within the city, which will allow you to explore the sights
- More than 80 nationalities among students
- GBS programs are set to start an effective career.
Facilities and equipment at GBS Language School – English Path Canary Wharf, London
The Canary Wharf campus is located in East London, next door to two of the world's largest financial centres– London City and Canary Wharf. With breathtaking city views, lively streets with restaurants, bars and shops, students can experience London at its best. The campus has excellent transport links: bus routes, metro, light rail transport within walking distance from the study area. By public transport you can get to the city center in 20 minutes, to shopping centers, attractions - in 10-25.
The campus boasts a modern building with educational areas equipped in it:
- Classrooms with projectors, interactive screens
- Common spaces for relaxation, self-study
- Café on site.
Admission dates and extra charges
EP programs involve educational from 1 to 44 weeks. Individual courses are calculated for each student. The schedule for each program also contains a different number of lessons depending on the level of the language and the intensity: from 15 to 40 lessons per week for 45 minutes. You can study both full-time on campus and in an online format.
GBS programs are a full course of bachelor's, master's or HNC/HND degrees (part of higher education in America).
In the process of education , holidays are provided in December, April, May, June, August. They usually last for several days (up to a week).
- Accommodation (meals included in several variants): 175-455£/week
- Registration fee: 50£
- Educational materials: 30-90£ depending on the number of weeks of education
- Accommodation fees: £45
- IELTS, Cambridge: from 160-170£
- Sightseeing tours: 69-103£
- Activities: 5-35£.
The price of using the transfer for one trip:
- Heathrow – 90£
- Gatwick – 110£
- Stansted – 115£
- Luton – 110£
- London City Airport – 80£
- London Railway Station – 70£
- Southend – 120£.
If necessary, you can include an additional passenger in the trip for £ 15 to the total amount of travel.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Before admission, everyone can visit the campus on the Open Day. It usually takes place in the spring.
EP language courses will require the applicant to:
- Results of language proficiency tests. The level may be different, and on the basis of it the program is selected. The test can be taken on the official website of the institution
- Visa Documents
- Valid passport
- Health Insurance
- Certificate of completion of a certain stage of school, depending on the chosen course
- Paid registration fee: £50 for full-time study, £15 for online study.
General requirements for applicants to GBS for bachelor's, master's and HNS/HND programs:
- School Leaving Certificate with Official Transcripts/Bachelor's Degree for Masters
- 80 UCAS points or equivalent (e.g. 60 Credit Ofqual Level 3)
- GCSE not lower than level C4
- Passed tests on knowledge of English, mathematics
- Knowledge of English not lower than level B2 (IELTS 6.6)
- Personal interview
- Visa Documents
- Valid passport
- Health insurance.
Scholarships GBS Language School – English Path Canary Wharf, London
Students can take advantage of UK credits to pay for the program, accommodation. Those students who are going to organize research have the opportunity to send a request to the state for its financing. Under special personal circumstances or needs, students can hope to receive additional grants.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about GBS Language School – English Path Canary Wharf, London
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.