Description of Gakushuin University
Gakushuin University ( 学習 院 大学 ) is a private higher education institution in Japan that first opened its doors to future graduates in 1877. Currently, Gakushuin University conducts its academic work on the territory of its own campus in the capital city of Japan - Tokyo.
The university gives students the opportunity to choose the most convenient system of study for themselves - internally or remotely. Also, faculty members and students have access to participate in international exchange programs. The university itself is actively developing and moving with the times, as evidenced by the fact that the university has its official website and accounts in social networks, since Linkedin and Facebook.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gakushuin University
Most independent university rankings place Gakushuin University among the TOP 90 best in the country. In addition, this Japanese university from year to year falls into the global ranking of the best institutions of this type.
Facilities and equipment at Gakushuin University
While studying at a university, students can use literature and textbooks from a large scientific library. Also on campus there is a hostel, parking, places for recreation and sports.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to get into the number of students, and over time, and graduates of this higher educational institution, each applicant is obliged to submit the required documents in time. Every year, not only Japanese, but also visitors from other states apply for places at the university. The admissions committee accepts its decision on each individual application on the basis of information on past academic progress and passed entrance exams. As the statistics show, out of five applications only one receives approval, therefore Gakushuin University is ranked as the most selective worldwide.
Tuition at Gakushuin University
Each academic year in this institution is traditionally divided into two academic semesters. Education is paid, but part of the costs can always be returned by obtaining financial support from the university in the form of scholarships for academic success.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gakushuin University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.