Foremarke Hall Repton Preparatory Private school
Description of Foremarke Hall Repton Preparatory Private school
- Year of foundation: 1940
- Location: Derbyshire, England
- Age of students: 3-13
- Type of institution: private school
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of studying: mixed
- Form of study: full-time
- Number of students: 480 people
Foremarke Hall School is the initial structural unit of the Repton School, based in the English county of Derbyshire in 1940. The Foremarke Hall, located in a beautiful mansion and surrounded by 55 acres of land with green grass and beautiful trees, inspires and captures the imagination of children before they enter the school’s doors. Pupils Foremarke Hall School live and study in a warm, friendly atmosphere and make friends from all over the world. After graduating from an elementary Repton Preparatory School, children tend to continue their studies at the Repton School, but the doors of other UK educational institutions are also opened to students who have graduated from the Foremarke prep school.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Foremarke Hall Repton Preparatory Private school
Accommodation, meals, prices
The county is not far from London and the nearest airport is about 45 minutes away by car.
The school suggests a choice between full-time education and accommodation in a boarding house. Boys and girls live separately from each other, children are constantly under the supervision of experienced teachers. Pupils live in three residences on the territory of Foremarke hall: Burdett, Francis and Nightingale.
Supervisors are responsible for well-being and safety and live on campus with students, a nurse is on duty 24/7.
Food in school is balanced, includes Indian, Mexican, Chinese and Italian dishes. There is a vegetarian menu.
Activities Foremarke Hall Repton Preparatory Private school
Music is an integral part of life at Foremarke Hall: 28 professional musicians offer over 350 lessons per week, as well as individual music programs. Many performing opportunities are opened due to learning to play all sorts of orchestral instruments, piano, organ. Those interested can learn academic vocals.
In a week there are two lessons on art and three lessons. Children can also spend time in the music room on some evenings and Sundays of the school year. From the first to the 8th year of study, all students demonstrate their talents within the walls of classrooms and on stage.
Weekly music lessons include a study of Western European classical tradition, “world music”, jazz and popular music. The program meets the requirements of the ABRSM (the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) - an examination board and a registered charity based in London, which conducts music exams at centers around the world.
The school has junior wind ensembles, a brass band, a jazz band, a guitar ensemble, a samba band, string quartets, a choir, string orchestras and flute ensembles. Some of Foremarke Hall students perform in the National Children's Orchestras of Great Britain and the National Youth Choir.
- The school enjoys an enviable reputation for its excellent balance of academic and extracurricular opportunities with the provision of first-class amenities
- Sensitivity and individual approach to children
- The school aims to instill spiritual values in the child, to provide a wide range of skills, such important elements as adaptability, creativity and purposefulness.
- Foremarke has a high ranking and qualitatively prepares boys and girls for further admission to public school at the age of 13 and older.
Facilities and equipment at Foremarke Hall Repton Preparatory Private school
In addition to the four boarding houses, the school has:
- Art studio
- Modern Art
- Center of design and technology with its own specialized IT package
- Music classes
- Modern language center
- 180-seat theater
- Indoor 25 meter pool
- Hockey rinks
- Tennis courts
- Large gym and lots of quality lawns.
Admission dates and extra charges
Dates of start:
- January 7 - March 29
- April 23 - July 28
- August 28 - December 13
Payment includes all academic expenses, meals, extra classes.
- Registration fee
- Deposit confirmation of a place at school
- Semester deposit
- Extra lessons
- Optional excursions and activities
- Airport transfer - depends on airport
- Guardian - depends on a set of services
- Medical insurance
- Visa opening.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
It is recommended to enroll the child to Preparatory School no later than 10-11 years. Introductory tests are conducted in English and Math + need to be interviewed at school or via Skype (you can choose the test UKiset). All children who come to study from another country must have a guardian in England who is fluent in the language and is over 25 years old.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Foremarke Hall Repton Preparatory Private school
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.