FLS Chestnut Hill College Summer Summer Camp
Description of FLS Chestnut Hill College Summer Summer Camp
- Established: 1987
- Location: Philadelphia, USA
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: summer language camp.
FLS, America's largest network of language schools, has been offering programs for more than three decades to enable students to reach new levels in English. The key qualities of the school are the responsiveness of the teaching staff, individual attention to the problems of students. FLS offers students a unique and valuable experience in learning English at an American college.
By joining FLS linguistic programs, students improve their English skills, learn about other cultures, and develop autonomy. Studying abroad, even a short stay in a language camp, can change lives, motivate students to challenge themselves - expand the circle of hobbies, gain new communication skills and learn about the possibilities of studying abroad.
FLS programs run in several locations, one of which is the Chestnut Hill College campus, northwestern Philadelphia. The university was founded in 1924 as a private Catholic school, included in the National Register of Historic Places. The ancient building includes Gothic buildings - St. Joseph's Hall, a chapel, tennis courts, a football field. Chestnut Hill College offers liberal arts education in the best academic traditions to help prepare students for a successful life.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in FLS Chestnut Hill College Summer Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
FLS Summer Camp Chestnut Hill College offers students accommodation in a host family - this is a great way to get acquainted with American culture, improve English knowledge, including everyday language skills. The center offers accommodation in American families individually selected by FLS. This type of accommodation allows you to learn more about American daily life, regularly practice English and participate in many aspects of American life that are inaccessible to tourists choosing to stay in a hotel or apartment.
Students are accommodated in a double room in a carefully selected American home, where they live as family members, comply with family rules and spend leisure time with the residents of the house.
Students receive full breakfast and dinner on weekdays, breakfast on Saturdays and three meals a day on Sundays.
Activities FLS Chestnut Hill College Summer Summer Camp
Program participants are provided with a wide selection of extracurricular activities. Many students prefer spending time with their new friends or host family; others use a free regional bus to explore Philadelphia, visit Germantown stores, cinema, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Liberty Bell and Morris Arboretum.
Students have the opportunity to take part in excursions under the guidance of trained FLS consultants:
- United Nations Association, Philadelphia
- Citizen Diplomacy International
- New York City Tour
- Temple university
- The backstage of the UN
- Goodbye party
- Six Flags Amusement Park (optional)
- A trip to Washington (optional).
FLS invites students to appreciate the beauty of the language they are learning, to immerse themselves in a new culture. Teachers give students the necessary tools and motivation to apply for admission to English-speaking universities or improve their chances in the job market.
FLS offers students quality educational services and services, safe accommodation, exciting excursions and extracurricular activities.
The college is located on a 75-acre site in northwestern Philadelphia. In recent decades, he has expanded the territory to include many historic buildings and new rooms to meet the needs of a growing number of students.
Facilities and equipment at FLS Chestnut Hill College Summer Summer Camp
Types of amenities
The computer lab offers students Internet access, word processing tools, ideal for research, regular e-mail checks.
Consultants will offer a selection of books related to the course, books for everyday reading. The library provides students with additional space for reading and studying after classes.
The student lounge with comfortable sofas and plenty of tables is an ideal place to relax, read, eat or meet friends.
Admission dates and extra charges
The dates of the camp are July 12-27.
Transfer from and to the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is included in the program price.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 150 USD
- Extra night 75 USD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Age - from 15 years.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about FLS Chestnut Hill College Summer Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.