Florida International University (FIU)
Description of Florida International University (FIU)
A non-profit university based in the United States. Founded in 1972. The location of this university in Miami attracts the attention of students from all over the world. Each enrolled in the university has the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the city and the open spaces of the countryside.
There are no religious restrictions, students with any religion are admitted to study. Students are not divided into groups based on gender. All accreditations passed.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Florida International University (FIU)
Accommodation, meals, prices
Florida International University offers the opportunity to live on campus for freshmen, students transferred from other educational institutions, and law college students. Senior students can choose off-campus housing according to their needs and budget. FIU Accommodation Conditions:
- Fully furnished room
- Air conditioning
- Wi-Fi and cable TV
- Reception with attendants
- Halls for study, communication and games
- Laundry, accepting cash, credit cards.
type of number
Cost of living
Cost of food
Two-Bedroom Dormitory Room
Two-Bedroom Dormitory Room
Separate bedroom in 4-room suite
Separate bedroom in 4 bedroom apartment
Activities Florida International University (FIU)
University of Florida International University reflects the dynamic culture of Miami, regularly becoming a place of performances by world-famous artists and public figures of the world level. Center for the Performing Arts. Herbert and Nicole Wertheim puts her own stage for 300 seats, instrumental, concert halls, recording studio. It is considered one of the main venues of Miami.
The university holds a number of music festivals:
- SummerFest - an annual electronic dance music concert
- Bayfest - DJ Music Festival
- Miami International GuitART Festival - the festival of guitar music
- New Music Miami ISCM Festival presents new music for a variety of instruments throughout Miami, bringing together innovative composers, thinkers, performers and audiences.
- FIU Groups Festival brings together the best university and school groups in South Florida.
Miami Beach Urban Studios provides extensive space for classes and performances for students engaged in music, drama, as well as an extensive gallery, exhibition spaces.
Wolfsonian-FIU is a museum, library, and research center that allows students to observe, study, and explore collections of art and historical works.
The university regularly invites specialists in various fields to conduct reports and discussions:
- “Writers in the Bay” - at this event some of the world's most famous literary authors read and discuss their texts.
- Steven and Dorothea Green - world-renowned artists, curators, scientists and critics talk about art.
The educational institution conducts open-air excursions for students, including nightly kayaking, paddling, passing rope trails, picnics, nature excursions and city tours, and local sightseeing. Let's discover art schools in Miami together.
This university has earned a name that has long been working independently for itself. In addition, the university is included in the ranking of the most popular universities in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Florida International University (FIU)
Florida's International Institution of Higher Education is rightly the leading university that educates more than 50,000 applicants. Not only local residents have the right to enter this educational institution, but also citizens of other countries. The teaching staff includes over 3,000 teachers. Applicants are offered a choice of various exchange programs. More information about the university can be found on the official pages of the university: Facebook, Twitter, Linkindin, YouTube channel.
Resources and Scale
For better education, students are offered to use the library located on the territory of the university. Thousands of exclusive copies that cannot be found in the classical library. The university belongs to specialized associations and specialized communities.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fees at Florida International University Miami:
- Undergraduate - from 35906 $ / g.
- Graduate - 44116 $ / g.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission you will need to provide the results of the passed tests and exams, as well as present data on the overall performance. As part of enrollment, special contests will not have to be held, since, as a rule, there are no more than three students per place. The academic year at the university is divided into two blocks: the first and second semester. As for the price of education, one year will result in 15,000 USD . Interested persons to go to study in the magistracy should rely on the costs of 15 000 USD . The University has a scholarships payment system, more information about this incentive program can be found on the official website of the school.
All interested persons to go through distance learning should pay attention to the conditions and format of further interaction with teachers. About this and many other things you can also get information on the official website www.fiu.edu .
Scholarships Florida International University (FIU)
FIU offers a wide variety of scholarships for students:
- Biscayne Bay Campus Vice Provost Council Scholarship
- Clark-Alonso Africa Scholarship
- Fausto B. Gomez Scholarship in Political Science
- Fred Hoover Physics Scholarship
- Gregory B. Wolfe Ambassador Scholarship
- Jose Marti Scholarship
- Krell International Relations Scholarship
- Rebecca M. Salokar Scholarship
- Sally goldman scholarship
- Communication Arts Scholarship
- Dr. David A. Kopenhaver Scholarship (Communication)
- Dr. Norman R. Weldon Biomedical Engineering Undergraduate Student Summer FIU Online Academic Merit Scholarship
- FIU Online Corporate Education Initiative Scholarship
- Future Generation of Geoscientists Scholarship
- Hospitality Transfer Scholarship: Florida State College Transfers
- Hospitality Transfer Scholarship: Non-Florida Transfer Student
- John Wolin SJMC Scholarship (Communication)
- Kathleen Watson Memorial Scholarship
- Senator Gwen Margolis Scholarship (Communication)
- Gwen Margolis Senate from
- The Student Ed Access Scholarship
- William C. Adams Memorial Scholarship
- Mitchell scholarship
- Rhodes scholarship
- Accounting General Scholarship
- Accubanker scholarship
- Albert morrison jr. Scholarship
- All Florida Paper Inc. Business scholarship
- Anthony G. Marshall American Dream Scholarship
- Barry-Rodger Hersker Marketing Scholarship
- Business Ethics Scholarship (Various Donors: AXA, Bank of America, Regions and Wachovia)
- Connect4Success Scholarship
- Crowe Horwath LLP Outstanding Junior Accounting Scholarship
- Crystal Advisors Student Support Business Scholarship
- David A. Burke HM Scholarship
- Dean gerald lattin memorial scholarship
- Deloitte Accounting Scholarship
- Dr. Felix H. Reyler Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Ey scholars program
- F. Schmeyer Rewards Network Scholarship
- Frank R MacNeill Marketing Scholarship
- International Council of Shopping Centers "ICSC" Scholarship
- Irving Grace Fantil Accounting Scholarship
- Jerome bain scholarship
- John W. Kluge Minority Scholarship
- Kaufman Rossin Scholarship.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Florida International University (FIU)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.