Florida Institute of Technology English Language School
Description of Florida Institute of Technology English Language School
- Established year: 1958
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, USA
- Age of students: from 16 l.
- Number of students: 6775
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: private research university.
The Florida Institute of Technology is one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, and this is where the ELS English Language Center in Melbourne is located. A dynamic university and research institute is at the center of innovative space development on the coast of Central Florida.
By earning the 112 ELS level, graduates meet the English language entry requirements for admission to the Florida Institute of Technology, as well as to other colleges and universities in America.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Florida Institute of Technology English Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Florida Institute of Technology English Language School offers homestay or residence accommodation.
- Students staying in a homestay are allocated separate rooms, they can use the shared bathroom. Most host families live within a 15-mile radius of the Florida Institute of Technology and ELS Melbourne campus, and the journey time is between 20 and 30 minutes. The hosts either drive students to campus themselves or help them use public transport by purchasing a monthly bus pass.
- The student residence (on campus) provides students with a common room, a bathroom on the floor. Rooms have furnishings, a mini fridge, a small microwave and washing machines. One assistant is allocated for every 10 students.
Activities Florida Institute of Technology English Language School
English Language School offers students day trips and weekend trips: the university is located a short drive from the world-famous theme parks, water parks of Florida.
The historic center of Melbourne offers a wide range of restaurants, boutiques.
Participants of the courses visit the Kennedy Space Center: they inspect NASA launch pads, giant rockets and space flight simulators, learn about the history of space exploration.
- The program includes conversational practice, vocabulary enrichment, classes to improve language skills.
- The average class size is 15 people.
- THE ELS Campus and English Language Center in Melbourne are just minutes from white sand beaches and about an hour's drive from Florida's famous themed and water parks. Students can soak up the sun and have fun in one of the best amusement parks in the world when they are free from classes.
Facilities and equipment at Florida Institute of Technology English Language School
FIT facilities and services available to students:
- Baseball field
- Basketball court
- Computer Lab
- Rackball/squash court
- Football field
- Student Health Center
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Tennis court
Admission dates and extra charges
All ELS centers have 13 convenient start dates per year for most programs.
- Entrance fee
- Fee for materials and technologies
- Student health insurance
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To apply for any ELS Language Center program, you must provide the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form
- Registration fee
- Prepayment for education
- A copy of a valid passport with name and date of birth
- Mortgage (if ELS accommodation is required)
- Airport pick-up fee (on request).
When ELS Language Centers receive completed documents and deposits, the application will be processed within two business days. Next, the institution sends a package of admission, including form I-20 (required to obtain a student visa).
There is no application deadline: the earlier you submit your completed application, the faster els language center admissions will be able to process the materials.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Florida Institute of Technology English Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.