Farlington private School
Description of Farlington private School
- Year of foundation: 1896
- Location: Horsham, Surrey, UK
- Age of students: 9-18 years
- Number of students: 335
- Type of studying: mixed education
- Type of accommodation: residence
- Language learning: English.
Prestigious educational institution with a rich history and pedagogical tradition.
Farlington School was opened in 1896 by two Buller sisters who wanted to create a small, family-run girls' school where girls would be educated in the Christian tradition. Traditions are still respected and valued on campus, but the school is non-denominational and is open to students of all faiths. Also from 2020, Farlington School has introduced a mixed type of education, and boarding is now also offered to boys. The current campus has been in operation since 1955 - it is on the border of Surrey and West Sussex, a beautiful and peaceful corner of England.
Advantages of the school:
- High level of studying
- Individual approach: each student represents a unique personality.
- Emphasis on the disclosure of all abilities of school students
- Extensive extracurricular program
- Excellent conditions: small classrooms and friendly atmosphere
- The school focuses on learning foreign languages.
- Pupils of the school have high academic results and go to the leading universities in Britain.
The school is ranked in the top 100 preparatory schools in the UK by the Sunday Times Parent Power Survey due to the quality of its education programmes and its responsible approach to the education of its students. Farlington School is also regularly inspected by the independent ISI (most recently in 2017) and rated Excellent in all key areas.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Farlington private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
School students live in comfortable residences on the territory.
Activities Farlington private School
The program of extracurricular activities includes:
- Classical ballet
- Dance studios
- Horseback riding
- Gymnastics and more.
- High level of study, high scores on GCSE and A-level exams.
- Individual approach and small classes for classes: each student represents a unique personality.
- Emphasis on unlocking all the abilities of school students.
- An extensive extracurricular program that supports an academic one is the best way to cultivate a harmonious, well-rounded personality.
- Excellent facilities: small classes and a friendly atmosphere.
- The school focuses on the study of foreign languages: from the age of 9 Spanish and French are available, from the age of 10 - classical Latin, later - German or Italian (optional).
- Pupils of the school have high academic results and enter the leading universities and sixth form colleges in UK.
Some SIxth Form subjects (usually an A-level course) are taught in mini-groups and even individually. It is not surprising that in such conditions, students achieve excellent results: in the last A-level exams, 91% of graduates received points from A * to C, which allowed the school to enter the 1% of the most academic strong institutions in the country.
Facilities and equipment at Farlington private School
The school is located one hour from London and has a favorable location - there are large historical centers near the school. The campus itself reaches 13 hectares and is a picturesque park area on which are old and newest school buildings:
- Studying rooms
- Sports fields
- Theater School
- School of Music
- Computer audiences
- Conference room and more.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Visa application
- Additional classes
- Registration fee
- Some extracurricular activities.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants pass an interview with a representative of the school, pass exams, provide a package of documents.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Farlington private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.