Evert Tennis Academy
Description of Evert Tennis Academy
- Location: Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Total number of students: 75-100 people
- Type of education: joint (mixed)
- Type of accommodation: residence (full board)
- Language learning: English.
Tennis Academy "Evert» (Evert Tennis Academy) was founded by John and Chris Evert, the famous American "tennis" family. Today it is quite a large and very well-known institution with an excellent reputation: among its partners are significant global companies (for example, IMG Academies ), but this does not prevent the founders from maintaining a family-friendly, friendly atmosphere where every student feels needed, unique, special. IMG Academy (Academy of Nick Bollettieri) is considered the largest tennis in the country, and in general, the structure of a huge institution includes specialized schools of golf, football, basketball and other sports. Chris Evert, in the world of big tennis, needs no introduction: she earned 18 (!) Titles at Grand Slam tournaments during her career, which helps her to make the process of training and training at Evert Tennis Academy as useful and practice- oriented as possible. Today, she herself is almost always present at the Academy: she deals with the players, monitors the training course, helps the coaches.
The United States for tennis players around the world has long become one of the most convenient platforms for development: this is due to professional coaches, healthy competition, excellent training facilities and infrastructure, as well as suitable climatic conditions. In warm states such as Florida and California, the sun shines almost all year round (even in winter the average temperature is 18-20 degrees), giving the opportunity to train outside almost every day.
Evert Tennis Academy is small: only 75 people study on a regular basis here, but in the summer it gets a little more (up to 100-110), since foreigners come to summer sports camps. The composition is multinational: Americans, Europeans, representatives of Russia and the CIS, Asian countries. Training here is treated very attentively; literally for each direction, there is a responsible professional: the director of men's / women's tennis, the coordinator of training processes, the director of fitness and general training, etc. A total of 18 tennis coaches are working today at Evert Tennis Academy (on an ongoing basis - it’s prestigious and honorable to train here), including Russian specialists. All coaches are selected “by hand”: they are professionals with extensive experience of performances and victories, who have long worked with young tennis players, winners of awards and victories in the world of sports and the necessary attestations for teaching.
At least 10–11 meetings of students with curators and trainers are arranged every week: 8–9 individual and 3–4 devoted to general technique, tactics and strategy of the game. During each day, the player is monitored by an individual trainer who is responsible for each process, but curators and other coaches may change more than once, honing different aspects of fitness and readiness of a tennis player. On average, weekly students take 5 days to 2 workouts every day (about 5 hours daily) + 1-1,5 hours of general fitness (also every day). Discipline is tough, as are the rules of behavior - here young athletes are taught to work for the result, overcome themselves and exceed the limits of their own capabilities.
Be sure to conduct additional classes in psychological preparation (mental), which helps to better understand your motivation, clear your mind of unnecessary doubts and complexes, teaches concentration and focus on the game. The keeping of a personal diary, which can be discussed with a personal curator at will, is also welcomed: he is ready at any time to come to the aid of either sports or academic, or personal problems.
Evert Tennis Academy is not engaged in education (exclusively sports development), but actively helps in the search and selection of a suitable high school or college: the benefit in Boca Raton there is no shortage of them. Enrolling in secondary school is easy, and for foreigners there are special preparatory language programs. We give examples of the most popular options:
- PREP International School (gives significant discounts to students of Evert Tennis Academy ) = $ 10000-12000 / year
- St.Paul Lutheran School (prestigious, ranks high in American ratings) = up to $ 50,000 / year
- Saint Andrews (new promising partnership)
- K12 International Academy (convenient online form of study, accredited by the NCAA)
- SAT and ACT preparatory courses
- Professional tutoring service Get That Grade Tutoring (works directly on the territory of the Academy).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Evert Tennis Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
Pupils of 13-18 years old, who entered the full year, are accommodated in a comfortable three-story residence on campus on full board basis. They are provided with fully equipped rooms with private bathrooms (doubles throughout the year and quadruple for summer gatherings / vacations), different floors are reserved for boys and girls. The rooms have air conditioning, Wi - Fi ; the residences are equipped with common living rooms for recreation, staff rooms, a cafeteria and laundry.
The residence is equipped with a modern security system, which also helps young athletes to observe the regime and not violate discipline (for example, sensors that detect the opening of doors at night).
For more independent students and their families, it is possible to rent housing in Boca Raton: there is a large selection of townhouses, villas and apartments. For example, very close to the Evert Tennis Academy is the Courtside Villas complex, which offers 10–12 cozy houses for 4 people each.
Activities Evert Tennis Academy
On campus, there are individual coordinators (concierge service), which helps to organize not only off-campus accommodation, but also a leisure, entertainment program, and transfer. In Boca Raton, it is easy to find something to do for yourself:
- Restaurants and cafes of different cuisines of the world
- Explorium Children's Science Museum
- Museum Boca Express train
- Open Air Museum Art House
- Zoo Palm Beach
- South Florida Science Museum and a huge oceanarium
- Many shops for better shopping.
Facilities and equipment at Evert Tennis Academy
Evert Tennis Academy is located in the prestigious, beautiful and peaceful area of Mission Bay , surrounded by green parks and clean lakes. The territory of Evert Tennis Academy and training equipment meet the most stringent international standards:
- 23 courts: 9 with a hard surface ( hard ) and 14 clay
- 15 "friendly" courts (private tennis club is located close by, where you can also practice)
- Spacious park in a 5-minute walk with 13 outdoor courts
- Shop with professional clothing and equipment (including the Evert brand uniform )
- Coaching and administration offices
- Video conferencing room (here you can watch training and games records, analyze them with the instructor)
- Game rooms
- Training classes with Internet access
- Student lounge for relaxation and socializing
- Classes for fitness and general physical fitness
- Football fields
The USTA neighborhood (United States Tennis Association) is also considered a big plus: literally every day, students of the academy can train with the best USTA juniors, and if they succeed, they can join the Association for full support (training, training, uniforms, field trips and. etc.).
On the basis of Evert Tennis Academy , professional masseurs with extensive experience and working licenses work, yoga programs are available (specially adapted for tennis athletes), and there are racket care specialists. You can request a variety of video services:
- “Live” video of a 30-minute lesson = $ 350 (includes shooting and recording, subsequent analysis with a trainer, 3-5 exercises for sharpening techniques)
- Shooting a match = $ 175 (conducted from two points for a more objective assessment)
- Shooting and analytics of the match = $ 425 (record of a training / competitive match, detailed analysis with the coach and a large report with comments and recommendations)
- Video presentation for representatives of colleges and universities = $ 425-475 (for submission to the selected educational institution: shooting is from two points, includes training moments and match recording, separate fitness tests)
- Technical analysis for summer camp students = $ 350.
There is also the possibility of individual development of nutrition and consultation of a nutritionist and a nutritionist ($ 75- $ 1,800, depending on the range of services and the duration of observation by a specialist).
Admission dates and extra charges
Training at Evert Tennis Academy lasts throughout the year, with the exception of holidays:
- Winter: December 22 - January 6
- Spring: March 17-23.
1st semester lasts from August 20 to January 11, 2nd - from January 14 to June 1.
Scholarships Evert Tennis Academy
It is no secret that sports scholarships in the USA are developed excellently - perhaps, more perfect than other countries of the world. Scholarship helps a student to both build a career and keep up with basic education. The number of scholarship sources is growing year by year: today more than 2,000 colleges and universities in the United States offer preferential conditions and cash incentives.
Players with good prospects, perseverance and discipline can get into the best US universities for free or with very large discounts on education, as well as take advantage of loyal training programs (which will allow combining education with regular training, traveling to tournaments, etc.). Usually Sport-scholarship covers the costs of training and accommodation, partly on food and teaching aids, books, materials: there are full (100% reimbursement) and partial (cover part of the cost = 25%, 50%, 75%). The grounds for obtaining scholarships are reviewed every year, so that the player can increase their benefits: for example, start with partial 50% and, with maximum effort, get full sport scholarship.
In addition, many educational institutions take into account the financial condition and family income in the distribution of scholarships, so that if there is a low income, the scholarship can be increased. Do not forget about the periodic financial payments for needy talented students: they are not officially considered scholarships, but the amount is quite comparable.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Evert Tennis Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.