Evergreen valley college
Description of Evergreen valley college
- Year of foundation: 1972
- Location: San Jose, California, USA
- Age: from 17 years old
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: about 8,000 people
- Accommodation: student dormitories and apartments.
Evergreen Valley College is a community college located in San Jose and a member of the community college community group (San José-Evergreen Community College District). The college was founded in 1972 and for more than 40 years it offers high-quality programs for students from different cities and states of the United States and other countries, has been accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), which once again confirms the high quality of programs.
Today, about 8,000 people from various countries of the world study at the degree of associate in a large number of areas. Two-year courses of study give a high level of knowledge and skills, allow you to begin work and professional activities or continue your studies, entering universities in the bachelor's department. Teachers and staff of the school have a high level of qualification and help students in solving any problems that arise.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Evergreen valley college
Accommodation, meals, prices
College students are provided with comfortable conditions for living: rooms of various types are available, all rooms are equipped with a full set of furniture and equipment. Students can browse and select rooms / rooms in advance. Students are provided with professional accommodation service, laundry, security and safety systems.
- Cost of living: from $ 12166 / year.
Activities Evergreen valley college
In the learning process, much attention is paid to creative and sports development, students are engaged in various circles and sections. Out-of-class entertainment and educational activities take place, which helps students in the process of adaptation. Sports and physical activities:
- Introduction to Kinesiology
- Table tennis
- Cardio kickboxing
- Hatha yoga
- General fitness
- Running / Jogging
- Power training
- Cross trainings
Types of art and art:
- Playing musical instruments
- Musical groups
- Poetic art
- Holidays and Festivals
- Excursions and trips to other cities and states
- Hiking tours
- Shops and shopping centers
- Theaters and cinemas
- Restaurants and cafes
- Conferences and workshops.
- Prestigious Community College
- Qualitative two-year programs
- The best methodological developments are applied.
- Accreditation of relevant organizations and authorities
- Practical orientation of education
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
- Sports and creative development.
Facilities and equipment at Evergreen valley college
The campus covers 175 acres in the eastern foothills of the city of San Jose. On campus there are more than 13 buildings and extensive sports fields, public areas:
- Educational and administrative buildings
- Library and Science Center
- The latest multimedia and computer equipment
- Training Center
- Career and Professional Development Center
- Creative studios (theaters, amphitheaters and multipurpose halls)
- Sports facilities (gyms, tennis courts, football fields)
- Spaces for relaxation and leisure
- Conference rooms accommodating up to 200 people
- Health Center
- Sports fields and grounds
- Parks and walking areas
- Security and safety system.
Admission dates and extra charges
Beginning of classes: September, January. The academic year is divided into semesters:
- Autumn: from September 4 to December 14 (Christmas Holidays from December 16 to January 3)
- Spring: from January 28 to May 24
- Summer: from June 18 to August 8.
Cost of education:
- Basic payment: from $ 3288 / semester, from $ 6716 / year
- Basic payment + fees + living expenses: from $ 22,000 / year.
- Registration fee
- Deposit confirming a place on the course
- Exam Board
- Tuition deposit
- Return flight tickets
- Round trip
- Mandatory Medical Insurance
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For Associate and Certificate Programs:
1. Age: from 17 years
2. High School Diploma (equivalent to a high school diploma in the USA)
3. Autobiography Essay
4. English level: TOEFL61 / IELTS 6.0
5. Letters of recommendation
6. For some specialties additional requirements are possible.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Evergreen valley college
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.