INSEEC School of Management in Lyon, INSEEC Graduate School of Management in Lyon
Description of INSEEC School of Management in Lyon, INSEEC Graduate School of Management in Lyon
- Location: Lyon, France,
- Language of instruction: English, French,
- Type: mixed.
The Institute of Higher Studies in Economics and Commerce (INSEEC) in Lyon is a business school that offers higher education programs for those wishing to pursue a bachelor's or master's degree.
INSEEC is part of the international network of institutions OMNES Education, which has 19 campuses in France and abroad. About 40,000 students are educated there, while the alumni network already has more than 180,000 people. The schools of the OMNES Education network specialize in several areas: engineering, business and management, law and jurisprudence.
INSEEC has campuses in six French cities. The study area in Lyon has many distinctive features, for example, because this city is considered the best in terms of comfort, infrastructure and accessibility as a place for education.
Many programs include the possibility of internships or internships at universities cooperating with INSEEC. Students will be able to gain knowledge and experience from lecturers and teachers of universities in Japan, the USA, China, Canada, Russia and many other countries.
Faculties and colleges
All programs of the INSEEC Institute are organized on the basis of the faculties:
- Digital Science and Data Management,
- International Relations,
- Sports Sciences,
- Real estate
- Human Resources and Healthcare,
- Wine production, luxury and cosmetic products.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in INSEEC School of Management in Lyon, INSEEC Graduate School of Management in Lyon
Activities INSEEC School of Management in Lyon, INSEEC Graduate School of Management in Lyon
The city is the headquarters of international organizations and large companies, including the chemical and medical industries, characterized by strong entrepreneurial dynamics. With the creation of more than 108,000 private sector jobs between 2009 and 2018 and an increase in the number of inhabitants by 145,000 between 2010 and 2016, Lyon has become a dynamic and attractive city.
Lyon is the birthplace of many of France's celebrity chefs, earning it the status of the capital of French gastronomy to this day. This city attracts many foreign tourists, allowing it to develop luxury hotels and wine tourism every year. In 2021, Lyon was voted the second best student city in France, because it offers many cultural events: the Museum of Mergers, the Museum of Cinema, the Festival of Lights and Lights, parties and musical barges, the Film Festival and the Biennale of Contemporary Art.
Student associations are open on the INSEEC campus, created to develop students' ideas, initiatives and skills. They operate in the following areas:
- Humanitarian cluster: literary clubs, linguistics, sociology and others,
- Team and individual sports: football, basketball, athletics, table tennis,
- Theme nights and celebrations: barbecues, movie screenings, board games,
- IT: Computer Science, Business and Management, Design.
A student can choose any of the clubs and join it during the first or second year of the program.
- A large network of partner organizations – more than 1000 companies around the world provide exchange programs, internships and internships,
- INSEEC has been ranked 21st among the best business institutions in France for 20 years,
- The school ranks seventh in the ranking of leading schools in terms of employment of graduating students,
- Lyon is the leader among the cities of France in terms of culture, employment, and the number of representatives of different nationalities.
Facilities and equipment at INSEEC School of Management in Lyon, INSEEC Graduate School of Management in Lyon
Lyon is rich in historical facts of the cultural past: the birthplace of cinema, the fame of gastronomy, many attractions. Its natural beauties are the two rivers Rhône and Saône crossing the urban area, numerous squares and walking areas, the largest park in Europe, the Tête d'Or. The city is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, is among the most attractive European cities along with St. Petersburg, Prague and Venice. Lyon offers a high quality of life for both locals, tourists, and a large number of students coming to study.
The campus is located in the legendary former industrial building of Citroën and is adjacent to ESCE, another school of the OMNES Education network. The study area is a stone's throw from Place Bellecour and the Rhône embankments. Near the building there are several large-scale and rapidly developing companies, as well as dozens of restaurants and cafeterias.
Three large glazed atriums are designed for learning. They are equipped with:
- 42 lecture classes,
- Amphitheater with a capacity of 300 people,
- Laboratories for the creation of projects and meetings of student associations,
- Event area,
- IT class for self-study,
- Business incubator.
The campus is located in the heart of Lyon, next to the peninsula, so it is well served by public transport. Students can use the subway, buses and trams, travel by bicycles, trains and cars.
The city's international airport is a 40-minute drive away.
Admission dates and extra charges
Students study in semesters, between which tests are established to test their knowledge. Studies take place on weekdays, weekends are Saturday and Sunday. Holidays are organized in honor of international, national holidays and in the summer - in July and August.
- Administrative fee for admission for Master's and MSc & MBA applicants,
- Off-campus accommodation,
- Cafeteria meals on and off campus,
- Public transport, transfers,
- Participation in student clubs,
- Off-campus leisure,
- Health insurance and services,
- Some books and supplies,
- Personal expenses.
Applicants wishing to enroll in most programs go through several stages of enrollment:
- Submission of a completed registration application and required documents,
- Application fee (for MSc & MBA programs),
- Receiving the result of the check from the admissions committee within 10 working days,
- Passing the entrance test (1 hour) and an individual interview with a school employee (30 minutes),
- Registration for the program on campus.
Admission to Grande Ecole courses is slightly different:
- Registration in an online format on certain dates,
- Passing written tests, and after a month - oral,
- Obtaining results and invitations to campus for a set of subjects and final registration.
The smallest enrollment takes place on the Grande Ecole programs - no more than 110 places are open annually. For the rest of the courses, there is also a rigorous selection, after which about 90% of applicants are eliminated.
The average rate of getting a job in the profession among INSEEC graduates is 95% of all completed programs, which is significantly higher than other similar institutions.
Graduates get jobs in leading companies in France and other countries within a couple of months after completing their studies. Now the network of students graduating from all campuses of the institute has about 150,000 people, many of whom hold leadership positions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
General requirements for admission to INSEEC:
- Diploma of the previous level of education and transcripts of the last two academic years,
- A cover letter for the completed application, describing the motivation for learning and the personal qualities of the future student,
- Letters of recommendation from professors and supervisors for those who enter MSc & MBA programs, master's programs,
- Certificate of English proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge,
- Passport, health insurance and vaccination card, visa or residence permit.
The application should be submitted as early as possible. The deadline is one month before the start of education.
Scholarships INSEEC School of Management in Lyon, INSEEC Graduate School of Management in Lyon
Financial support is provided by INSEEC's partner organizations and universities. Students have access to state aid in the form of loans and loans, the interest on which will be significantly less thanks to student certificates. Students can also take advantage of a variety of discount programs and promotions that apply to the areas of entertainment and leisure, additional education, accommodation and the use of public transport.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about INSEEC School of Management in Lyon, INSEEC Graduate School of Management in Lyon
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.