Empire College London
Description of Empire College London
- Students age: from 16 years old,
- Location: London, United Kingdom,
- Founded: 1907,
- Type of institution: college,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: joint.
Empire College London is one of the most prestigious educational institutions not only in the UK, but also in the world, from the very beginning it has established itself as a leader in the field of scientific research and higher education. Empire College London offers a wide range of study programs, including undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. The college employs highly qualified teachers, many of whom are world experts in their fields.
The educational process is based on modern teaching methods and includes lectures, seminars, practical classes and laboratory work. The institution uses innovative technologies and tools, including electronic textbooks, online courses and video lectures.
There is a support and accompaniment system for students to help them adapt to their new environment and make the most of their learning opportunities. The college provides assistance in the field of academic education, including advice on curriculum issues, mentoring.
Faculties and colleges
Currently, Empire College London continues to provide education in four main areas:
- business school.
Things to know about
- The college employs more than 3500 scholars and faculty, including two Nobel laureates and 14 members of the Royal Society,
- The college has the largest campus in Europe for scientific research - more than 200,000 square meters,
- It has its own radio station - IC Radio, which broadcasts for students and staff,
- The college is one of the main partners of the World Health Organization and the National Institutes of Health of the United Kingdom,
- The facility is home to more than 300 student clubs and organizations, including a Quidditch team (!), a ballroom dancing group, and even a plant growing club.
- There are more than 50 restaurants and cafes on campus, where students can enjoy a variety of cuisines from all over the world,
- Empire College London is the main partner of the London Business School and the University of Oxford in the creation of online business courses.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Empire College London
Accommodation, meals, prices
Empire College London does not provide student dormitories, but helps its students with finding housing. The college recommends using the services of specialized real estate agencies that will help you find suitable housing. Alternatively, pupils can search for housing on their own. Please note: the college is located in central London, so the cost of living in this area can be high.
Activities Empire College London
Empire College London provides many opportunities for students to spend time outside of class and broaden their horizons. There are more than 300 clubs and organizations that offer a variety of activities - from sports and dance to academic and cultural events. Various cultural events are held here - concerts, exhibitions and lectures. Students can take part in organizing and conducting events such as charity events and campaigns. Outside of school hours, students can relax in the student center, which is equipped with modern amenities, including cafes, restaurants, canteens and lounges, there is an area for sports and fitness.
- In 2021, it was ranked 8th in the QS World University Rankings,
- Took 4th place in the ranking of the best universities in the UK Sunday Times Good University Guide,
- Empire College London offers more than 100 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in various fields of knowledge - biology, business, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, medicine and physics,
- The university provides scholarships and grants for education, actively supports research and research projects,
- In 2021, he joined the Higher Education Providers Register, which is managed by the British government. This confirms the high quality of teaching and research at the university, and also provides students with additional guarantees regarding the quality of education and graduation qualifications.
Facilities and equipment at Empire College London
Empire College London is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technology necessary for effective study and research, it has invested heavily in the development of its infrastructure, including the creation of new laboratories, campuses and research centers. For example, the Faculty of Engineering has specialized laboratories for robotics, nanotechnology and aeronautical engineering. Students of the Faculty of Medicine have access to high-tech equipment for research in the field of genetics, biotechnology and neuroscience. The Faculty of Natural Sciences has laboratories equipped with modern equipment for research in the field of physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. The business school has high-tech classrooms and spacious classrooms equipped with modern educational technologies and equipment for conducting effective classes.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Autumn: from the beginning of October to the end of January,
- Spring: from late January to early June,
- Summer: from the beginning of June to the end of September.
Specific start and end dates for semesters may vary slightly depending on specific programs and courses.
The registration fee depends on the program, usually varies from £70 to £130.
First of all , you need to prepare the necessary documents - a diploma, two recommendations (for postgraduate programs) and a motivation letter. For a bachelor's degree, you will need an International Baccalaureate or Cambridge Pre-U certificate. It is also necessary to pass the necessary tests: BMAT, MAT, IELTS, TOEFL or PTE (depending on the course for which the applicant enters).
Applications are accepted through the UCAS system. You need to register in the system and upload scanned copies of documents. If the application has successfully passed the review stage, applicants undergo a video interview with one or two members of the admissions committee. The response from the admissions committee comes by the end of March for applications for bachelor's programs and at the end of September for applicants for master's programs. The final decision comes to the applicant's e-mail with congratulations and further instructions - or a notification that the application or interview was unsuccessful.
On average, every year 7 applicants apply for one free place in the program. Withthe admission rate is 15%.
Empire College London provides its students with the opportunity to receive a high-quality education and establish professional connections. After graduating from college, graduates can look forward to many promising career opportunities in various fields, have access to a wide range of programs that help develop the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career in the modern world. Graduates are in great demand in the labor market and have a good chance of obtaining high-paying and prestigious jobs in many fields, including science, technology, engineering, business, medicine.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Some programs admit individuals who are at least 18 years old at the time of the start of the semester,
- Admission to bachelor's programs requires completion of the International Baccalaureate course with a score of 38-40 points, with grades of 6-7 points in selected subjects,
- For medical specialties and math programs, passing the BMAT and MAT tests is required, respectively,
- Proficiency in English with minimum scores for IELTS 6.5 or 7.0 and TOEFL 92 or 100 (depending on the program) is required,
- For admission to master's programs, a diploma with a GPA of > 4.0 or 3.5 in the same or a similar specialty is required,
- For admission to PhD, EngD or MD Res programs, a master's degree in the same or related specialty for which the application is submitted,
- It is required to provide a research proposal that corresponds to the current scientific research at the university,
- All ideas for research must be previously agreed with a potential supervisor.
Scholarships Empire College London
Empire College London has established close ties with a variety of organizations and foundations where students can receive significant financial aid. The maximum amount of tuition assistance can reach £60,000-70,000 — Chevening.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Empire College London
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.