Embassy English language school in South Bank
Description of Embassy English language school in South Bank
- Location: London South Bank University, London, UK
- Students age: 13-21 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: language summer school.
Embassy South Bank is located on the London South Bank University campus near the Thames River, London Bridge and the famous London Eye. This is an ideal place for students who want to explore the capital of Britain. The campus has comfortable single rooms, and the residence itself is located within walking distance from the main university building.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Embassy English language school in South Bank
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live in the McLaren House residence in deluxe rooms in apartments for 5-8 people: each apartment has a common space, the furniture in the rooms includes a wardrobe, a desk and a chair. Rooms are cleaned weekly, laundry is available in the residence building. The large communal space on the ground floor includes reading, board games, ping-pong tables and table football. Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus.
Meals are served in the large self-service dining room:
- Continental breakfast includes juice, coffee, toast, cereal and fruit.
- Lunch and dinner include 2 menus with 3 options, including vegetarian.
Activities Embassy English language school in South Bank
Embassy South Bank staff meet students upon arrival at McLaren House, where they register and receive their room keys.
On the first evening, a welcome event is held so that students have the opportunity to get acquainted with employees and other students, learn more about the campus, its capabilities, and useful information.
Events are organized on days when there are no trips and in the evenings, are held in the center or near the center. Activities include:
- Sports events (football, mini-olympiad, round tables, table tennis, volleyball and basketball)
- Daytime and evening events (master classes in drama, karaoke, talent shows and team games).
- Half day trips (trips around London - British Museum, Museum of London, Tower, Thames river cruise on the Thames, National Gallery.
- Full Day Tours (Brighton, Canterbury, Cambridge)
- Optional excursions (Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle, Oxford, London evening events: bowling, cinema, musical, Ferris wheel, Madame Tussauds).
- Summer language shifts lasting 2 weeks include 10 trips to London and small surrounding cities, events and 2 full-day excursions to other major cities - Cambridge, Brighton, Canterbury. Students use a private bus or public transport for travel.
- Embassy South Bank prioritizes the care and supervision of students - staff is available 24 hours a day and helps students with accommodation, airport transfers, information about local services, and personal questions.
- If a student needs medical attention, he can make an appointment where the team leader will accompany him.
Facilities and equipment at Embassy English language school in South Bank
Embassy South Bank offers students:
- An indoor multi-purpose gym is available once a week.
- The local park is used for games and events.
- Laundry available in the building
Admission dates and extra charges
Classes are held in the morning or afternoon in the first week, then the schedule alternates weekly.
- UM Service - 45 £
- Enrolment fees - 100 £
- Medical Insurance - 10 £ (per week)
- One way transfer - Heathrow 108 GBP
- One way transfer - Gatwick 130 GBP
- One way transfer - Luton 180 GBP
- One way transfer - Stansted 144 GBP
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 100 GBP
- Medical insurance 10 GBP
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Age: 13-21 years old.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Embassy English language school in South Bank
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.