Dilit International House Roma - Italian Language School
Description of Dilit International House Roma - Italian Language School
- Founded: in 1974
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of accommodation: host family / apartment rental
- Students age: 16+
- Language of instruction: Italian.
Dilit International House Roma - Divulgazione Lingua Italiana Italian Language School - was founded in 1974 in the Italian capital, the eternal city of Rome. From the very beginning, the priority and specialty of the language center has been teaching Italian as a foreign language: today it is one of the most famous schools in Italy, it is part of the International House network (the total number of members of which reaches 120 educational institutions!), Is listed in the associations EAQUALS (European Association for Quality Language Services) and ASILS, IALC (International Association of Language Centers). Small groups (6-14 people), qualified teachers and modern, relevant, diverse courses, regular testing and quality teaching materials - this is the secret of the popularity of Dilit International House Roma, which has already educated more than 70,000 international students of 125 nationalities.
Language courses in Rome are provided by teacher center, which has already graduated more than 5,000 qualified teachers (authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education), and the accreditation of Dilit International House Roma as an examination preparation center for CELI (University of Perugia) and CILS (University of Siena).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Dilit International House Roma - Italian Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Dilit students are selected housing according to their needs and capabilities: all houses are located no further than 20-30 minutes from the school by public transport.
- Host family.
This is a comfortable accommodation for 1-2 people in a room (no more than 3 foreign students can live in each house), free access to the kitchen and bathroom. You can choose the type of food for yourself: self-catering, breakfast only, half board (breakfast + dinner).
- Student apartments for rent.
A great option for those accustomed to independence: a house for 2-6 people with a shared bathroom and kitchen. Meals are not provided (self-service only).
Arrivals are held on Sunday, departures on Saturday. Please note that double occupancy is only guaranteed for students traveling together while booking a course.
You can also rent a hotel. Minimum placement period is 1 week. Juvenile students are accommodated only in host families.
Activities Dilit International House Roma - Italian Language School
Literally every day, the employees of Dilit International House Roma offer their students an interesting, rich, varied leisure program: its main points (for example, a walking tour of Rome) are already included in the price of the programs, but get ready for additional expenses (long trips, visits to operas or concerts , some entrance fees, restaurants and trattorias). You can explore the key sights of the capital, take a walk along the old streets, watch Italian cinema, go to a culinary master class - Rome has its own offer for everyone!
No wonder the Italian capital is called the “king of cities” - the number of monuments of culture, history, architecture, art here and in the vicinity is amazing:
- Roman Pantheon
- temples of Anthony and Faustina
- urban catacombs
- chapel santa santorus
- the legendary baths of Caracalla, Diocletian
- ancient hippodrome Circus Maximus
- medieval churches of trastevere
- Roman Forum (main town square)
- Villas Torlonia and Skiarra
- visiting the opera
- Castel St. Angelo
- Theater di Marcello
- Piazza del Popolo and more.
Exciting events organized by the school await students:
- Aperitivo Cocktail Parties
- Italian Wine Tastings
- Movie views in English / Italian
- Culinary master classes, etc.
Facilities and equipment at Dilit International House Roma - Italian Language School
Dilit International House Roma is located in the historical center of Rome: you can easily reach key attractions, shopping streets, transport hubs and city stops. The school occupies a 5-storey villa (it has 10 classrooms for classes + 5 additional rooms in the neighboring building), which is well equipped for comfortable and effective learning:
- A total of more than 20 classrooms, air conditioning throughout the building
- Modern technology: computer, audio, video, interactive whiteboards
- Free internet and WiFi
- Computer class
- Own library
- Cafe and dining room
- Student club
- A cozy green garden and two large terraces with parasols and comfortable benches.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school operates year-round. Most programs start every Monday, so arrivals take place on Sundays and arrivals on Saturdays. The standard course duration is 2 weeks or more.
The indicated price already includes:
- Course education
- Initial testing + final certificate.
Pay attention to additional costs:
- Registration fee
- Accommodation and meals
- City tax on accommodation
- Examination boards
- Additional academic and language classes (optional)
- Additional leisure activities and excursions (optional)
- Round Trip Flights
- Round trip transfer
- Mandatory Health Insurance
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 80 EUR
- Study materials 18 EUR
- Transfer (one way) 85 EUR
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Dilit International House Roma - Italian Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.