Crimson International Online School (CGA)
Description of Crimson International Online School (CGA)
- Type of study: private online school,
- Students age: 11-17 years,
- Language of instruction: English.
Crimson International Online School (CGA) is a private British school focused on online learning. Here you can take a full-fledged full-time education course, or combine classes with the regular curriculum of your offline school. CGA guarantees that it will do everything possible to prepare its students for the best universities in the world, will provide an opportunity to obtain a prestigious international certificate: IGCSE, Advanced Placement, US High School Diploma or British A-level.
Crimson students take an active part in international Olympiads - among their trophies:
- International Mathematics Olympiad: 4 national awards, certificate of honor, two bronze and two silver medals,
- International Economics Olympiad: three national awards and a gold medal.
In addition to any program, a student can connect individual Da Vinci lessons: this is access to extracurricular clubs and activities, additional one-on-one lessons with teachers in the chosen subject, access to lesson recordings. "Da Vinci" is available on almost all programs: iPrimary, Pre-IGCSE, IGCSE, A-Level, AP.
The detailed curriculum and schedule of classes depends on the chosen course / program, the age of the student. But the schedule is always drawn up in such a way that students, even with a high academic workload, have time for rest, hobbies and extracurricular activities (art, sports, music, dance, etc.).
Things to know about
- The co-founder of the Crimson School, Jamie Beaton, once received invitations to 25 universities, including such prestigious options as Cambridge, Stanford, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Columbia University, UPenn (Wharton), Duke University.
- The school welcomes student self-government: the elders of the school, the Southern Hemisphere, the Northern Hemisphere, faculties, leadership, extracurricular activities, technologies, classes, as well as the Chairman of the Student Council are actively elected here.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Crimson International Online School (CGA)
Activities Crimson International Online School (CGA)
Since the school presents online education, many extracurricular activities are also held online. For example, students can do an online internship at international companies: Uber, PwC, Weiss Asset Management, KPMG, Y Combinator, Dentons Law, PWC, receiving a letter of recommendation in the final, which will significantly strengthen their resume.
What clubs and communities of interest does Crimson offer?
- 3D modeling,
- 3D game development,
- Web development,
- Model United Nations,
Many clubs are organized by the students themselves, for example:
- Roblox (creating and programming robots),
- Economic Community,
- School newspaper,
The school is always happy to support the initiative of schoolchildren and help them meet online, take a walk and chat, and spend time together.
- Pearson Edexcel, Cambridge Assessment and College Board accreditations,
- Included in the top 3 best schools in the United States with online learning (Niche rating),
- Included in the Top 3 of the best innovative schools in the world (according to T4),
- Studying in English opens up more opportunities for studying and working abroad,
- Individual approach to each student,
- Active use of modern, advanced technologies,
- The ability to combine online lessons with education in a regular school,
- A global educational environment, the opportunity to learn and communicate with students from all over the world. More than 1000 students from 80+ countries are already studying here,
- High-quality, internationally recognized programs that meet strict foreign standards,
- Experienced, qualified teachers from the UK, USA, European countries - more than 85 specialists.
The statistics of CGA students in international exams (data from Pearson Edexel) are impressive:
- International GCSE: 26 scored a maximum (9 points), 69% reached the level of "excellent", A * -A (7-9 points),
- AS-Level (IAS) and A-Level (IAL): 61% received high scores at A-level (A * -A), 32% reached the maximum at this level - A * grade. At AS-Level, 73% of students passed the exams for grades A-B, 54% earned the highest grade A.
- American Standard Advanced Placement: the average score of students is 3.7 (out of 5). 82% of students received 3+ points (1.5 times higher than the world average), 38% earned 5 points (3 times higher than the world average!).
These results increase the success of the school and its pupils, because it is in the global aspect:
- 30+ students with the best academic performance,
- Top 20+ A-level results, Top 10+ A-level results in English,
- 3+ best AS-level exam results in English,
- 5+ Best Business Studies.
Facilities and equipment at Crimson International Online School (CGA)
To work in the classroom, each student needs a tablet, as school electronic platforms (Canvas, Slack and others) are used. Other equipment and sources, materials vary depending on the program. For full and comfortable learning, it is recommended to use the Internet at a speed of at least 800 Kbps, preferably 2 Mbps (for viewing high-resolution videos).
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year is divided into trimesters that begin in February, May and September. For students, the Edexcel Greenwich schedule is used: camps are held in early September and early January (depending on the chosen start of education).
Exams can be held in October/January or May/June.
Additionally paid (not included in the cost of programs):
- One-time entry fee,
- Exam fees, retakes (if necessary),
- Textbooks and teaching materials,
- Additional courses, classes, circles and clubs of interest, membership in sports clubs.
At all stages of admission, the applicant is accompanied by a consultant: he helps to determine the program and format, choose subjects and directions.
Stages of admission:
- Filling out an application (after that the manager will contact you), provide transcripts of grades and evidence of English proficiency.
- Take a test of the level of knowledge that the school will prescribe.
- Take a personal interview.
- Fill out the final application for admission.
CGA graduates every year confirm the highest quality of education by entering the best universities in the world:
- London School of Economics (LSE),
- Brown University,
- Imperial College London,
- University of Edinburgh,
- King's College London,
- Columbia University.
According to statistics, CGA graduates enter the best universities in the United States and England 2-4 times more often than students around the world on average. For example, according to statistics, 11.1% of CGA graduates can enter Yale University.
Since 2013, Crimson alumni have received 711 offers from Ivy League universities, 233 offers from Oxbridge, and more than $67,000,000 in financial aid. More than 4500 graduates were enrolled in universities from the American top 50, 1800+ people were educated in the top 10 universities in the UK.
Graduates of Crimson successfully work in the future in the largest companies in the world: Google, Nasa, Amazon, McKinsey and Co., HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Bain and Company, Google DeepMind and many others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When considering applicants, CGA strives to evaluate them comprehensively, taking into account, among other things, a willingness to develop, a strong motivation for studying. Experience with online programs, demonstration of readiness for intensive study, curiosity will be a plus.
Applicants take exams in mathematics, English and science to demonstrate the level of knowledge and determine the most suitable program.
Scholarships Crimson International Online School (CGA)
To ensure that all gifted, talented, capable children can receive an education of excellent quality, regardless of the financial situation of their families, Crimson offers its financial support and assistance. The competition for scholarships opens several times a year, the main criteria are excellent academic performance + extracurricular activity.
A family discount is also offered for children who have brothers or sisters studying at Crimson:
- 5% for the study of the second child from the same family,
- 10% for the study of the third child.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Crimson International Online School (CGA)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.