France is a country famous for its ski resorts. One of them is Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc. The place is unique in that you can relax here both in winter (skiing, freeriding, funiculars) and in summer: in the summer, 45 sports are practiced here, including mountaineering, rock climbing, hiking and many others. If you are not an activist, but a contemplator, there is entertainment for you too: the resort offers stunning views of Mont Blanc and the surrounding area. Enjoy the Alpine spirit and have an active time - nothing is easier in Shaman!
Everything you need to know about the resort
Chamonix Mont Blanc is a popular destination: it was here that the 1924 Winter Olympics were held. This was the impetus for the active transformation of the resort: infrastructure began to develop, safe tracks and lifts were equipped. Tourists are attracted by the special atmosphere of the resort - mulled wine, log cabins, hearty Savoyard cuisine, mountain peaks and an eternal festive atmosphere.
In the summer, the resort does not stop receiving guests:
- There are 45 sports sections
- Numerous shops and boutiques
- Cafes and restaurants serving traditional Locavor and Savoyard cuisine.
What to see?
- Alpine Museum, introducing visitors to the history of mountaineering and the Chamonix Valley
- Gallery Tairraz
- The grave of Alexander Pavlovich Fedchenko - scientist, biologist, geographer and traveler
- The highest railway in the world - Mont Blanc tram
- Montaigne Mountain Railroad
- Ice Caves is a natural museum that takes visitors to the heart of the glacier.
If you decide to stay at the resort and want to diversify the menu, pay attention to the restaurants that are located outside Chamonix:
- Chalet buvette de caillet
- Bighorn Bistro & Bakery
- Aiguille du Midi - Le 3842
- The wine factory
- Le Vert Hotel Restaurant
- Chalet & Restaurant Beurre Noisette
- Restaurant Albert 1er
- Panier des 4 Saisons
- Refuge du Plan de l'Aiguille
- Restaurant L'Impossible.
- There are 6 funiculars, 100 tracks, 49 lifts on the territory
- Total ski area - 762 hectares
- Every year, the resort hosts important events: a curling tournament, the "Arrival of Christmas Grandfather" show, the Downhill World Cup, the "Very Short Nights" festival, etc.
The object belongs to the resorts.