Ceran Chalet de Champéry Language School
Description of Ceran Chalet de Champéry Language School
- Location: Valais, Switzerland,
- Age of students: from 9 to 17 years,
- Language of instruction: English, French,
- Type: mixed.
CERAN Chalet de Champéry is one of the campuses of the CERAN International Language Center, which offers summer courses for schoolchildren aged 9 to 17 years.
CERAN is an organization with campuses in several countries and was originally founded in Belgium. In the departments, students from 9 years old study many languages: English, French, German, Dutch and others. Each campus offers a different set of programs, but the teaching staff is the same everywhere - highly qualified specialists are native speakers of one of the languages taught, so students learn quickly, practice a lot and are always in a comfortable academic atmosphere.
The heads of the swiss campus are Elodie and Jorrik, a Belgian couple working in partnership with CERAN's main department spokesman, Christophe. The couple treat each student with care, giving him a variety of opportunities for both academic and personal development, ensuring safety and an unforgettable positive experience of living in Switzerland.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ceran Chalet de Champéry Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are accommodated in single/double rooms – 77 living quarters are equipped for comfortable living of students.
The chef, who works in the kitchen of the institution, regularly surprises the residents with a variety of dishes: cheese fondue with mushrooms and tomatoes, traditional delicacies, stewed vegetables with local mountain herbs, dried meat and much more awaits students in the dining room daily. In 2021, the main chef for the third year in a row was awarded one of the prestigious Swiss awards - Fait Maison: this sign recognizes outstanding gastronomes whose dishes are prepared without the use of pre-prepared products: semi-finished products, mixed spices.
Activities Ceran Chalet de Champéry Language School
Students are given a truly amazing opportunity to gain experience not only living in the mountains of Switzerland, but also to explore its natural beauty, to try themselves in various sports. Staff organise team trips to val d'Illièze at the foot of the Dan du Midi mountain range, which is visible from most of the windows of the school building. On walking tours, students are accompanied by their teachers, and a caring team of chefs provides them with packed lunches. Also, students will be able to try Turkish baths and saunas, canyoning, go on a gastrotour to local restaurants.
On the territory of the institution, students will have an active joint rest:
- Table football,
- Karaoke evenings,
- Board and video games.
- A small, cozy campus in the mountains,
- Round-the-clock assistance and care for students,
- Extensive leisure program.
Facilities and equipment at Ceran Chalet de Champéry Language School
The school is located in the centre of the Swiss Alpine village of Champéry, at the foot of the Porte du Soleil. The building in the form of a wooden chalet reflects the culture and identity of the country, completely immersing students in Swiss life.
The campus is equipped with 11 classes for different purposes:
- Conference halls with a capacity of 2 to 140 participants,
- Hall for 72 seats, prepared for group classes,
- Classes for meetings, seminars and lessons,
- Auditorium for conferences, presentations and corporate congresses,
- Meeting room with a capacity of 11 to 18 participants,
- Informal rooms prepared for self-study, socializing and relaxing. Accommodate up to 8 students,
- Large dining room with open kitchen area,
- Living rooms.
The view from most auditoriums opens to the peaks of the nearest mountains. Equipping the halls is high-tech, intuitive and ready for use even by the youngest students. Wired internet and free Wi-Fi are available throughout.
The infrastructure that students can use is not only on campus: students have access to a multi-sport center in Champéry, which has indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fitness rooms, climbing walls, tennis courts, football mini-fields and much more.
Lausanne and Geneva can be reached in around 50 minutes by bus, while Paris can be reached by TGV. The school organises a shuttle service to the airport and the nearest train stations.
Admission dates and extra charges
The courses in Champéry are organised from 2 to 29 July. In the morning, students attend classes, then go on excursions or spend time at events.
- Transfer: 145€ for group and 435€ for individual,
- Accommodation on the system "All inclusive": from 418 € per day per person,
- Books – 76€,
- Insurance – 76€,
- Two individual extra lessons per week – 167€,
- Extra night at the guesthouse – 197€,
- Supplement for single room – 253€,
- Supplement for UM service — 51€.
The admission process includes several steps:
- Filling out the application and providing documents,
- Arrival on campus to take a test and get acquainted with the teachers,
- Receive an official invitation to start education.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission, applicants must provide complete personal information about themselves and their parents: passports, medical insurance and vaccination certificate, visa. Employees advise to apply well in advance of the intended start of education , as free places are occupied very quickly.
All applicants undergo a language test on arrival, but they can provide a certificate of pre-passed testing.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ceran Chalet de Champéry Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.