Cebu English Academy
Description of Cebu English Academy
- Location: Cebu City, Philippines
- Year of foundation: 2004
- Number of students: about 200
- Language of instruction: Filipino, English
- Type: mixed.
Cebu English Academy is one of the two academies owned by Cebu Globalization Academy. It is considered one of the best English language schools in the Philippines.
The institution was founded in 2004 on two campuses in Cebu. Students are offered many courses, including ESL, IELTS, TOEIC. The list of programs also includes a family course aimed at educating children under 15 years old and their parents.
Education at the Academy is based on an individual approach and placement of students in classes of a suitable language level: Elementary, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cebu English Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The academy dormitories offer single, double, triple and quadruple rooms with separate beds, work areas and wardrobes for storing personal belongings. Showers and toilets are shared.
The cost of living per week on both campuses:
- Single: 900$,
- Double rooms: 750$,
- Triple: 650$,
- Quadruple: 600$.
The buildings are equipped with air conditioning and water heaters. Students should buy their personal necessities – soap, toothpaste, shampoo.
In the educational and residential buildings there are canteens, working on the principle of a buffet of European and Asian cuisines. Exemplary dishes from which students can assemble a complete diet:
- Breakfast: porridge, slices of sausage, meat and cheese, dairy products, cereals, salads,
- Lunch: hot dishes, soups, themed dishes (BBQ, McDonalds, Jolibee, etc.),
- Dinner: more than 20 dishes from four main ingredients: meat, various side dishes, vegetables, drinks.
Once a week, the school holds a Special Day dedicated, for example, to barbecues or national cuisines. Students from different countries study at the Academy: Japan, Korea, Russia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Mongolia and others, so the days of national cuisine have a particularly positive effect on students, developing their gastronomic horizons.
Activities Cebu English Academy
The Philippines has a tropical climate with two seasons per year: the rainy season (March-March) and the dry (December-March). The average annual temperature is about 26-28C, which allows students to explore the surrounding area and enjoy nature.
The Academy regularly organizes charity programs, trips to the islands in Cebu, social work on holidays, for example, on Valentine's Day, the Masquerade Festival, Christmas.
The most ambitious projects of the institution are nature tours.
- Olango Day Tour
The journey begins at 8 am: students go by car to Mactan Pier, they are accompanied by the school manager and employees of the excursion department. All activities on this day will be held under the supervision of professional diving, surfing, kayaking coaches, who meet a group of students on the spot. Students will receive unforgettable emotions, because they will be given the opportunity to dive in the open sea, watch a variety of species of fish, try sea fishing. Around 4 p.m., students head back to school.
- Travel to the island of Bohol.
Students will be able to see:
- Sagbayan Peak is a resort located on top of an artificial mountain near the city of the same name. Students have to overcome a large staircase, enjoying the view of the mountains and the sea. Here you can take pictures of the Chocolate Hills of Carmen, take a selfie with funny cartoon figurines, enjoy a meal in a restaurant.
- The Chocolate Hills are a national natural heritage of the Philippines. Within 50 sq. km stretches 1268 hills with a height of about 120 meters. Chocolate Hills have two unique colors depending on the weather: chocolate brown in the dry season and green because of the grass in the rainy season.
- Mahogany forest is an eco-trail on the territory of two square kilometers. km in the middle of the forest.
- Tarsier Sanctuary is an opportunity to see monkeys, the main animals of the island.
- Albuquerque Zoo with pythons of colossal size.
- The oldest churches with bell towers.
- The beach is an indispensable part of the trip: in Doljo you can dive, see corals and fish.
Every two months, the Academy organizes volunteer events in orphanages and shelters for the homeless.
- More than five nationalities among students.
- 18 years of experience since its foundation.
- Teachers with specialized education, regularly undergoing trainings and advanced training courses.
- Individual and group lessons: Classes contain a maximum of four students.
Facilities and equipment at Cebu English Academy
The infrastructure of the campuses is not much different from each other. For training, they are equipped with:
- Classrooms for individual, group lessons,
- Classes for self-study,
- Sports grounds for basketball, table tennis,
- Athletic arena,
- Canteens, cafeterias,
- Administrative offices.
Thanks to the excellent location of the academy in the city of Cebu, students have easy access to attractions and public areas. From the campus you can quickly get to the IT park, the Ayala shopping center, restaurants (Korean, Japanese, Italian and others), massage and spa studios, international supermarkets. There are many taxis and public transport cars circulating around the campus.
Admission dates and extra charges
The daily schedule of students includes:
- 7:00-8:00 – breakfast (on weekends and holidays from 8:00 to 9:00),
- 8:00-11:30 – training,
- 11:30-13:00 – lunch,
- 13:05-16:20 – training,
- 16:25-17:50 – additional classes,
- 18:00-19:00 – dinner
- From 19:00 – free time.
Additional expenses during the academic year:
- Registration fee = 150$,
- Accommodation – from 600$ per week,
- Rent a refrigerator in the hostel - $ 9 for four weeks,
- SSP (Study Permit from the Government of the Philippines) – $116 for six months,
- Deposit for property in the residential building - $ 18,
- Fee for the maintenance of the hostel (includes utility bills) - $ 29 for four weeks,
- Fee for meeting at the airport – 14$,
- Visa extension – from $ 70.
To enroll, you must fill out an online application on the official website of the Academy, choose a course and make a registration payment. Further, representatives of the institution will contact the applicants and advise on further actions.
All students attend an introductory day to take entrance tests and get to know the campus, faculty, and enrolled students.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- A foreign passport with a validity of at least seven months,
- Certificate of full vaccination against coronavirus, PCR test,
- Paid ticket to a third country from the Philippines or its reservation,
- A completed online form on the official website with the chosen course and personal data entered.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Cebu English Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.