Catholic University of Malawi
Description of Catholic University of Malawi
- Established: 2004
- Location: Limbe, Malawi
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: private.
Catholic University of Malawi is a young but promising educational institution founded in 2004. The university has received recognition and accreditation of the National Council on Higher Education of Malawi. Initially, students received only a theological Catholic education, but in 2010 several secular specialties were added to undergraduate programs. The university admission policy is selective: only those applicants who successfully pass the entrance exams and pass the interview are accepted into the ranks of students.
Catholic University of Malawi is one of the few Catholic higher education institutions where girls can study. Today, only a bachelor's degree can be obtained at a university, there are not very many specialties, but all training programs are developed taking into account the requirements of the modern labor market.
The main goal is to educate not just specialists, but highly spiritual personalities capable of becoming Catholic missionaries in the modern world.
There is a volunteer club and a quick reaction group at the university, which travel to the emergency sites. Flooding is a frequent disaster in Malawi: students take an active part in helping city structures, raise funds and necessary things for victims, and provide moral support.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Catholic University of Malawi
Accommodation, meals, prices
All students in need of the Catholic University of Malawi are provided with a place in the hostel. The resettlement takes into account the wishes of the student and by gender: separate floors for boys, separate - for girls. All rooms are furnished with modern furniture, equipped with air conditioning, high-speed Internet. On each floor there is a laundry room, a kitchen, and sanitary rooms.
Students are fed thanks to the work of the cafeteria in the educational building and canteens at dormitories. Some students prefer to buy groceries at local stores and cook their own meals in the kitchens.
- Young educational institution
- Modern training programs
- A small number of students, small study groups
- Teachers include prominent Catholic missionaries and clergy
- Busy student life
- The inextricable link between theory and practice in the learning process
- Modern material and technical base of the university
- Support from both secular and spiritual authorities
- Strong funding of the university, which allows not to increase tuition
- The formation of research activities.
Facilities and equipment at Catholic University of Malawi
University buildings are quite young, each no more than 15 years old. All are equipped with appliances and furniture. High-speed internet is available on campus.
An important role in the education of students is played by the library, which contains the necessary teaching and methodological aids, scientific papers, periodicals. The reading room is able to accommodate more than 200 students at a time; computers, office equipment and air conditioning work here.
The campus has a cafeteria, a shop, a sports hall and a copy center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year at Catholic University of Malawi begins in September. Additional costs - payment of meals and accommodation, compulsory medical insurance, registration non-refundable fee.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with translation into English or equivalent
- Certificate confirming English proficiency at the required level.
Next, the candidate for admission is waiting for passing entrance exams and interviews with university management.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Catholic University of Malawi
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.